That poor poor woman...

A&A

Registered
Oh my God!!! That poor woman that has to do the sign language translation for Queen Kristina must be crippled with arthritis by now.... I mean there should be like 3 or 4 people that come in and relieve this poor woman. Get her a glass of water or something...

Holy crap....wordy wordy wordy!!!!!

There are international standards for the work of sign language translation. They rotate every 20-30 minutes to rest their hands and body, and have to be present at the event to follow the conversation. Usually they get handsout with briefings of the subjets that are going to be translated.

I am not watching Cristina's speech on TV right now. I think it is good to promote the rights of the disabled people having official speeches translated to sign language.

I dont know the specific number of deaf people in Argentina, but I can tell you that 10% of the global population is disabled, that makes the group of disabled people to be the biggest minority of the world: 650 million people. There is an International Convention to Protect and Promote the Rights of the Disabled People and yes, Argentina and the USA, among other countries, signed it some years ago.

I hear ya ..no pun intended (and I am slightly deaf)...but I have the TV on in the other room and I just passed by again and the same woman is signing away. Queen Kristina has been going on for over an hour...or so it seems. C'mon lady, let it go. I mean she is just chewing up the screen time.

Maybe Youtube it later and you will see.

I'm telling you that signer is going to have muscle failure. She is going to probably need fluid/electrolyte replacement treatments and an all-day seaweed wrap and massage.

Everything can be possible in my beloved country. I am not surprised about your comment, I believe you, dont worry.

Back