the applicator!!!!!

Sighted ! Applicator tampons en Farmacity .They are Farmacity own brand 15 pesos for 8 , made in Slovenia. The brand name is Enjoy :lol: Seriously...

Sighted ! Applicator tampons en Farmacity .They are Farmacity own brand 15 pesos for 8 , made in Slovenia. The brand name is Enjoy :lol: Seriously...

WTF?????? Enjoy? rotflol - need to get me some

Have to agree with the above poster who said just get used to it, it's not a big deal. Any woman who is a traveler needs to get used to OB because in much of Latin America, Africa and Asia that is all you will find. Secondly those tampons with plastic applicators are horrible for the environment (and sold by diabolical corporations that put petroleum products in your food, fight against labeling GM's, conduct cruel animal test such as putting chemicals in the eyes of kittens, and make baby bottles with dangerous plastics, etc) and third OB's are much easier and more indestructible to cart around, travel with and carry indiscretely when you're out for the evening with a small purse.

I would prefer the natural unbleached ones that are similiar to OB (which is also owned by a diabolical corporation, Johnson & Johnson), but talk about a first world problem. Not trying to knock the poster, as I also used to prefer the applicator kind, just want to add perspective. In much of the world women still use actual rags and I even have a couple of friends here who never considered tampons an option or never became accustomed to using them because they are just too expensive.

There is also a bit of prejudice here in some women, my friend's daughter constantly forgets to change her pad andd every month ends up with her school uniform covered in blood I suggested tampons as a longer lasting, more subtle protection but her mum is sure that it will mean she's no longer a virgen. I told her to discuss it with her gyn.

There is also a bit of prejudice here in some women, my friend's daughter constantly forgets to change her pad andd every month ends up with her school uniform covered in blood I suggested tampons as a longer lasting, more subtle protection but her mum is sure that it will mean she's no longer a virgen. I told her to discuss it with her gyn.

Oh that makes me sad. Also, hmm, maybe she needs to drink more water? you would think if she was drinking enough / more water she'd need to pee more often and that would remind her, oh yeah, need to change my pad. Also, just don't really get it since I switched to tampons after about my 3rd period (when I was 13 or so) -- found pads yucky and uncomfortable, have never encountered one that you could actually forget about it. And then the virgin part, thats what makes me really sad -- level of misinformation incredible in this day and age.

Ladies! I have to admit that I'm taken aback at how many seem to be almost fearful of using a tampon without an applicator. Do not be afraid to touch your vagina! Men certainly aren't afraid to touch it, so what gives? It's yours! Embrace your femininity and stick your finger in there to get the tampon in. Sheesh.

It's not about being afraid of touching your vgg or not...it's about hygiene...
If you walk into a dirty restroom and you have no chance of washing your hands, would you stuck your dirty fingers in your "precious"? I wouldn't! I don't let anybody touch me if I'm not sure their hands are clean...well...not that there are so many pretenders nowadays...married for 11 years hahaha
Therefore the need for the clean applicator...
When I came from the States I knew there were no Tampax in Argentina and I think I brought about 5 or 6 boxes of Tampax assorted in sizes...Since I recently gave birth I'm in no urgent need for them...

I'd give a try to the farmacity ones...as long as the applicator is plastic and not the cardboard thing that should be fine lol....

Exactly Floyd.
Sarah ,it is simple hygiene preference.No need to overthink things.

It's not about being afraid of touching your vgg or not...it's about hygiene...
If you walk into a dirty restroom and you have no chance of washing your hands, would you stuck your dirty fingers in your "precious"? I wouldn't! I don't let anybody touch me if I'm not sure their hands are clean...well...not that there are so many pretenders nowadays...married for 11 years hahaha
Therefore the need for the clean applicator...
When I came from the States I knew there were no Tampax in Argentina and I think I brought about 5 or 6 boxes of Tampax assorted in sizes...Since I recently gave birth I'm in no urgent need for them...

I'd give a try to the farmacity ones...as long as the applicator is plastic and not the cardboard thing that should be fine lol....

It's easier to carry a small bottle of alcohol-based hand gel/sanitizer in your purse to disinfect your hands before inserting OB. Come winter and flu season, it will also come in handy after travelling in a crowded bus/subte/train, being around a crowd, or any other place where germs might lurk.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nikad Women's Forum 1