"the Ashes" Cricket Series Live In Sth America

Looks to be in the bag here, unless Prior can hang about with Bell. Neither inspire bucket loads of confidence.

Potentially this will be wrapped up tomorrow by close of play. 4 one day innings and home!

I hope so! Mind you the way our top order batted in the first innings anything is possible. If they can get to a lead of 200 (which they should atleast) it still wont be easy.
Hows the quality of the stream on youtube here? I havent had a chance to look at it yet but hopefully at lunch today I will.

I hope so! Mind you the way our top order batted in the first innings anything is possible. If they can get to a lead of 200 (which they should atleast) it still wont be easy.
Hows the quality of the stream on youtube here? I havent had a chance to look at it yet but hopefully at lunch today I will.

Am looking at the guardian text stream, can get away with so much in the office, but watching live sports streams is probably OTT:

The YouTube quality is very good. Just go to the ECB channel and subscribe and the link pops up.

A chase of 200 is par IMO. That is a 50/50 game then.

Aussie top order is super brittle. Any runs that Cowan can get are a bonus. He is so bad. Even if he just occupies the crease and doesn't allow momentum to swing back to the English with his cheap cheap wicket.

Aussies need to break this partnership. Lead is now 230. I have no faith at all in them chasing down 300 on this pitch but its looking like that will be it.

Controvery at the crease. Broad nicked one and was caught out, Australia had wasted their review and the umpire didn't give him out so he stood his ground. Probably should have walked but I would guess that on the back of 2 earlier controversial decisions to give out English openers he decided he wasn't going anywhere.

More spice....excellent. Shall enjoy this tomorrow.

Record 4th innings chase at Trent Bridge: England 284/6 v NZ 2004.

Anyone want to back possibly the worst Austalian top 6 of all time to give this record a shake against the likes of Swann? I was having doubts once the lead passed 150.

...unless the world's best no 11 comes to the rescue again, another dose of Agarphobia for England?

Back