The best CHORIPAN in BA.

andcwilly

Registered
Hello,
I´ve lived in Buenos Aires for around 4 months. During my stay, I´ve dedicated my time to finding the best choripan in the city. If you don´t know, a choripan is a sausage sandwich, chorizo+pan. There are many things to take into consideration when looking for a good choripan. The quality of chorizo, the chorizo to bread ratio, the romantic chori-stand atmosphere....etc. I´ve probably eaten at over 80 stands/restaurants, and I´ve paid dearly for my over consumption of chimichurri. Most stands can be found in the costanera sur and norte, as well as in the parks in palermo. Since I´m absolutely in love with these sandwiches, I have been ruthless in the search for the perfect one. I think I´ve found her. Alameda Sur, on Av. Achaval Rodriguez in Puerto Madero. It is close to the southern entrance to the bio reserve, and is across the street from the boardwalk and all the chori-stands. Surrounded by a glass wall, this chori oasis is a must for anybody who appreciates this wonderful gift to mankind. One thing most choripan stands lack is quality bread. This place has it down. They´re bread is super tasty, crisp, and toasted! The chorizo is top quality as well. And the bread to chorizo ratio is perfect. And even better, they are only 6 pesos. MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! Kids, don´t forget to put some chimi up on that chori! These choris are so good, I´ve stopped looking at other stands. I think I´m in love...

I have probably only tried 20- so I am nowhere near in your league.
And, I admit, I get distracted by bondiola.

But my favorites are the little hole in the wall on Carlos Calvos, right in the same building as the public market in San Telmo, with about 4 stools and a big line outside, and the little cart across from the horse riding place on Dorrego in Bosque de Palermo.

I will have to try yours, though- sounds good.

I did stumble on a great place in Recoleta a while ago- now, of course, I cant remember exactly where- kinda near the library, I think- which was a storefront that was half parrilla, physically- half the room was taken up by the grille, which was probably 2 1/2 meters on a side- and they had one tiny table, they mostly do takeout- and they did rows of whole chicken, slabs of bondiola, and some smokin chori's.

Thanks for your dedication. My mouth is watering.

I'll be sure to try it out next time I'm in Puerto Madero.

hummm .. so much passion deserves to be supported you should be encouraged

to open a chain franchise of McChoripan's Family Restaurant.

Please permit me to suggest a logo for it.

chorizo2.jpg

The best red chorizo I have tried is in "La Cabrera" (Palermo Soho). And since you are at it, ask for the "Pamplona de Lomo" as the main dish (for 2).
Then come here and thank me.

Sharing the love! Will try Alameda Sur for sure. I'm still working my way through the other weekend stands in front of the costanera sur. Would love to see an expanded list of your favorite haunts if you ever have the time to compile it.

Orwellian I suggest that you send a choripan to the ones you love.:D

Wow. Thanks for the tip. I'm not a choripan fan, not because I don't like pan, just don't like chori. But my parents will be in BA later this year and my Pops is a big, big choripan fan (not in terms of his girth, just his love for all things chori). Will be sure to put this on their 'to-do' list.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Food and Drink 7