Choripan in Buenos Aires

C'est ne pas rien. Il est la "same" comme le sausage qui a la nom "Hillshire Farms" a la Etats-Unis.

In other woids, it looks like a Hillshire Farms sausage on a spongy piece o' bread ma friends.

I have somehow managed to live in the USA for 50 odd years, and never encounter this "Hillshire Farms" item, but chori is not the same as some mass produced meat factory garbage in the USA.

Me, I woud say its more like a butifarra than something Italian- I used to get a very close facsimile of Chori at a little window that opened up in Placa de Sant Jaume, just off the Ramblas.

I am a Chori fan, I dig the Chimi and the Chori- but, of course, they left out some of my favorite spots- I like the little hole in the wall joint on Carlos Calvos between Defensa y Bolivar- go early, before the grumpy husband gets there.
I also really like the two carts on Dorrego in Bosque de Palermo- and they usually have bondiola, too. Which isnt Choripan, but it sure is good...

I am an eater of sausage the world around- never met one I wouldnt try, unless it came in a can- and I cant imagine hating Choripan- thats just wrong.

I love choripan, its great, and cheap..for all the whining about inflation the choripan on Lavalle has only increased from 6 pesos to 7 in over two years.

Absolutely agree that Choripan is not a prefab food . Some of the ones on the Costanera are great and yes they do beat inflation while filling a hole.

and the smell...who isn´t tempted when the smell of the smokey fat drifts your way..irresistible!

The best one I ever tried (in the city of course) is just arround the corner of loyola 828. It is a parrilla that looks very cheap but the quality is great. In fact if easy to find it porque is lways crowded. Sorry I don´t have the addresss, I just go there before I go to tango dance at Loyola 828. Regards

The student cafeteria at the Agronomia does a great, good value choripan. It's not exactly a public place and I'm not a student - there or anywhere else - but I've not been thrown out yet.

Back