The Bet

maw

Registered
Adolf: "Let's flip a coin on the 15th of June for 1.3 billion dollars."

Joseph: "No way!"

Adolf: "Why? It's simply a coin toss. You have the same chances of winning as I do."

Joseph: "Because your attorney, Mr. Goebbels, told me earlier that you would honor the bet if you lost.

Attorney: "I said that in the heat of the moment. I withdraw that statement and promise that we will honor the outcome.

Joseph: OK, I'll take that bet, but you will look like the biggest deadbeat and corrupt person in the world if you do not honor your promise."

Adolf: "Enough with that kind of talk. You heard what my lawyer said."

Joseph: "OK. I'll take the bet."

On the 15th of June they toss the coin and Joseph wins.

A few nights later, Adolf appears on television and sends a message to Joseph that that he would not pay because it is the equivalent of extortion.

The names in the story above have been changed to protect that innocent.

One article I read said that if they don't honor it, the country will default again.

The next article I read said that they aren't going to honor it.

So.... can this only mean one thing?

One article I read said that if they don't honor it, the country will default again.

The next article I read said that they aren't going to honor it.

So.... can this only mean one thing?

Likeliest scenario, they will pass the buck onto the next government and then echar la culpa.

What are the repercussions of them refusing to pay it? It's not as if Argentina has a massive amount of assets overseas that can be taken.. Has the IMF given them any loans recently that might be effected?

Anyone wanna buy a used private jet? Limited mileage..help with the money laundering

Back