The Buenos Aires Digital Nomad Program

In Argentina the idea of optimization and modernization of processes is not encouraged. If Argentina could have it their way they'd still be in the early 1900's when they were awesome.

Digital nomads are very savvy travelers usually, but the whole idea of the lifestyle is you come and go as you please and don't have the hassles of a "traditional" life, so making everyone seamless is key.

The digital nomad program will probably never happen and international travel may be dramatically reduced as a result of future "climate change lockdowns" that will undoubtedly be considered far more important than anyone selfishly fulfilling their desire to come and go as they please as anything that adds to "global emissions" will require moral justification, especially for something as damaging to the environment as international travel.

In the future it probably won't be enough to be "community minded" to save the planet from the climate change which is caused by capitalism. We will all have to be globally minded, even if that means staying home and eating bugs instead of beef (as Bill Gates wants us to do) and having passports (even after taking the covid vaccine) just to go to the store or the gym.

Mr. Steve, I thought a mini ice age was coming within the next few years? I guess if Bill Gates wants us to eat bugs, then we'll have to eat bugs.

The digital nomad program will probably never happen and international travel may be dramatically reduced as a result of future "climate change lockdowns" that will undoubtedly be considered far more important than anyone selfishly fulfilling their desire to come and go as they please as anything that adds to "global emissions" will require moral justification, especially for something as damaging to the environment as international travel.

In the future it probably won't be enough to be "community minded" to save the planet from the climate change which is caused by capitalism. We will all have to be globally minded, even if that means staying home and eating bugs instead of beef (as Bill Gates wants us to do) and having passports (even after taking the covid vaccine) just to go to the store or the gym.

I agree with everything you said, I guess I just don't see people acting on this on a massive scale anytime soon to effect how people travel or think about being a digital nomad. I keep reading about how we are going to emerge from the pandemic much more concerned about the environment and our lifestyles and I guess I just don't buy it, people will only change when the climate crisis gets way worse in my opinion, and I'd almost say I would predict technology to help save us would be developed sooner than mankind all changing to become "globally minded." I'd put my money on things being back to how we lived in 2019 for the most part in 6-12 months and life moving on and the pandemic being just another historic event we look back at and remember/read about.

Mr. Steve, I thought a mini ice age was coming within the next few years?

Any global cooling is already being blamed on global warming caused by co2 affecting the polar vortex.

It looks like the Grand Solar Minimum (which is always accompanied by global cooling as well as an increase in earthquakes and volcanic eruptions worldwide) is just beginning.

I can't wait for anyone to blame that on carbon dioxide.

I guess if Bill Gates wants us to eat bugs, then we'll have to eat bugs.
He also said WE (not HE) will have to limit international travel... and cited climate change as the reason.

There will be many more things that will need to forecfully change before international travel is reduced. Global aviation accounts for around 3% of worldwide emissions each year. Transport as a whole accounts for around a quarter of total emissions, but the majority of that comes from land vehicles not aviation.

Bill Gates says he will reduce flying but has also previously defended using private jets. What he does often say is focusing on transport is ignoring the real challenges of climate change, which is finding ways to reduce industrial emissions from the making of steel and other products. So, we can waste our time grounding flights and seeing no difference in climate change patterns, or we can start looking for meaningful change that would actually make a difference.

There's a reason why the focus is on transport all the time... it keeps the spotlight off the real problems.

I agree with everything you said, I guess I just don't see people acting on this on a massive scale anytime soon to effect how people travel or think about being a digital nomad. I keep reading about how we are going to emerge from the pandemic much more concerned about the environment and our lifestyles and I guess I just don't buy it, people will only change when the climate crisis gets way worse in my opinion, and I'd almost say I would predict technology to help save us would be developed sooner than mankind all changing to become "globally minded." I'd put my money on things being back to how we lived in 2019 for the most part in 6-12 months and life moving on and the pandemic being just another historic event we look back at and remember/read about.

People will not be acting on a "massive scale like this" of their own volition. That's why the term "lockdown" is appropriate.

We can't wait until the climate crisis gets way worse. It may be too late already. We can't continue to live as we please, including being digital nomads one year at a time especially if that means international travel just to fulfill our won selfish desires.

The people who have the power to lovk us down say we only have 10 or 12 years left to save the planet (for at least the third time in the past thirty or forty years)..

We can't go back to our old ways and someting like the digital nomad program would only make the problem of cimate change worse.

Mr. Biden said he would attack climate change like covid and that means restrictions on any activities that produce carbon dioxide.

I just hope that doesn't include breathing but for billions of people (now referred to as "useless eaters") it might.

Last edited:
Back