The city has just declared a Sanitary Emergency

Joe said:
How come no one wears surgical masks here?

If you read the WHO notes you will see that they are totally useless, unless you have a desease and don't want to spread it.

So far this "pandemic" has killed less people worldwide than the traffic in Buenos Aires alone.
Erindanelle you are not alone, I have yet to encounter anyone who has contracted this desease.
Two airbuss planes have crashed this month killing beween them 346 people, perhaps more media resources should be spent looking into a real problem.

ReemsterCARP said:
Yet sunday's football match will be played w/ spectators...

they are evaluating playing wo public

That's actually the insane part nikad. If every guideline says you should avoid public places w/ many people, and they declare 'Sanitary Emergency', how can that be taken seriously if they do not prohibit spectacles where over 50.000 people gather?

I wonder if my boss will let me take a month off this winter due to all this..?? hmmm

I could not find Gel Alchol in famacy today in Palermo area.
They said, tommorow maybe I can buy but I got medical soap PROTEX antibacteries.
As for masks yes! normal ones cost 2.5 pesos each and the better one 16 pesos by 3M and can use one week according to the farmacy explanation.
From tommorow you can get tafmil with a docotor indication, 135 pesos...
School will shut down from next Monday July 6th in spite of the program was from 20th until the end of the month, in any way tommorow will assume a new National Health Minister coming from Tucman.
the news said that it is not necesary to be panic but take care of washing hands and keep away from people and try not to go to crowded places.
To say the truth, no kisses, no hugs, and so no Mate in circle.... I continue to enjoy mate alone.... as now, sorry for not sharing with you.

"Sanitary Emergency" sounds dumb. Should we stay out of supermarkets, also? Ever go to a movie on a weekday afternoon? I´ve gone many times and was one of 6 patrons. No germs were spread.
I was in Mexico City 1-5 May. Every restaurant was closed, except fast food places. No meals were allowed to be eaten on premises; only to be taken out or delivered. I took the subway to the airport where every restaurant was open, as usual???
If Ba follows DF, restaurants that are hanging on by a thread or piece of spaghetti will go out of business.

If the Governments really cared about people they would have called a national emergency in regards to the road toll in Argentina that could be halved in weeks with some simple precautions and enforcement of rules.

You cannot stop the spread of Flu if you dare to walk the streets of Buenos Aires . every surface you touch be in a wall, table, newspaper, magazine, is an incumber to many diseases.

This campaign will make some Politicians feel good but the real killers of society are ignored and have been ignored for many many years.

nikad said:
Due to the fast spreading of H1N1 flu. It is recommended to avoid crowded places such as theatres, malls, etc.

Subtes & Packed buses from the microcenter to past the Newberry Airport wouldn't fall under this recommendation, would it? Because I was slammed in both of those today.

Joe said:
How come no one wears surgical masks here?

I saw ~15 to 20 different people wearing masks today including a kiosk worker and a subte ticket machine watcher. They thought they looked smart. I thought they looked stupid. I don't know who was right.

You were right Napoleon, . . . I'm impressed with the expatriate response to this overblown panic, . . . from the beginning, Obama cautioned 'americans' (the ones between the Rio Grande & the Great Lakes) to not panic, . . . guess what?, . . . he's right, . . . 35,000 'Americans' die from ordinary flu every year, . . . & it never makes the news, . . . a handful of 'Americans' have died from this 'swine flu' (el grippe A) in a quarter of a year, . . . & each case is splashed across the TV & the newspaper as if it were the plague from hell, . . . figure for yourself, . . .

Back