The Clubhouse

aholm

Registered
Has anyone been? Is it worth it?

Anyone have experience going solo there? Considering I know few people here, and probably would know no one who is a member, I'd probably be going solo to lounge around on weekends by the pool (in the summer).

Are the events any good? Overall, a good investment?

Or just snooty?

I had never heard of this until your post, but access to a place with a pool in Palermo is kind of cool! Then again, it did not look very big from the pictures, so I assume it would be kind of crowded in the summer.

Not too sure about the events but I'm pretty sure that it's fairly empty during the week (just a few people there with computers getting some work or having some lunch) but pretty packed on the weekends. But I think the idea is that you can socialize and meet people there! It is a nice place though. definitely one of those places where you're a bit surprised by what's behind the nondescript door.

Yeah, it definitely sounds really cool - and I might start working from home some days a week so that'd really work for me. How is the interview, what kinds of questions do they ask?

i have been a couple of times. I have some friends that are members and also SOMETIMES in the summer if you contact them you can pay an entrada for a "day pass." The rules about when and how many times you can do this have never been consistent.

I think the membership could be worth it in the summer just for access to the pool. The events are nice.. generally more expats than locals but usually a nice crowd.. Drinks and food are good

great location. great pool, lots of events, "chats", music, pool parties, decent food, and all round nice spot to bring someone from out of town.
Having said that, they go after a "younger" profile (20-30) and it is about 50/50 argies to expats. there are a few people/members in their 40's or early 50's but the focus is on that 25 -30, no kids, wanna be cool crowd that tries a bit to hard if you know what i mean....and i say that as having been a member for over a year now!!!
I joined for the reasons you mentioned...a way to meet people. I'm still a paying member, but dont go more than a few times a month at most now. summer time it is really worth it for the pool and the outdoor bar. but winter is really not great as everything moves inside and the space is tiny with a pool table taking up most of the bar area.
you can go on a sunday to check out the pool party and pay to get in. i think its 200 pesos, they usually have food etc. by the way, membership does not include anything other than access. you pay on top for food and drinks, but you can charge and pay at end of month etc.

so bottom line, I'm glad i joined. i found value in meeting a few people there, but ended up meeting more people though internations, or small world, or other meet ups. if you are familiar with SOHO house in London or NYC, or the spoke club in Toronto where i'm from it will give you an idea of what they are trying to be.
hope this helps

Back