The Edrooney Fire Sale Is Here!

It's getting that way. An economist friend of mine says that Argentines "suben los precios por las dudas" and as evidence, we were looking at a rental in Salta and the owner told us "yeah I normally raise the rent every year, but I saw this economist on TV last night showing how all the prices are going up, so I'm going to start raising the rent every two or three months." And it snowballs from there. You can see the jubilation in some people's face as they talk about inflation, saying how awful it is, with a wink-wink.

London is more expensive than Hereford or Bradford.
Paris is more expensive than Cherbourg....etc

yeah to me too, thats why I put m not sure if thats true. But anyway, it is shocking what you re saying, since eeverybody tells how cheap is the interior. Maybe you had bad luck.

Lots of people told to me that BsAs is waaay more expensive than their home towns...

I believe it depens both on the location and the type of product you are talking about. In my own experience tuition, clothes, food (vegs, fruits and meat), restaurants and rent, are and have always been cheaper anywhere but Buenos Aires. On the other hand, gas, books, specialty food, milk, municipal taxes and utilities, especially electricity are a lot cheaper in BA.

In particular, a very good friend of mine lives in a small town close to San Ignacio, in Misiones and he says that they suffer all the problems of having Yacireta right next to them but no benefits at all cause he pays 5 times what I pay for electricity and he has constant cutoffs, even during the colder months

BA electricity subsidies should be cut. No sense in it, not for mobile leftists like rooney though. Fck him, let him pay double. No cuts for commmies

I'll keep my subsidies, tyvm, and cut the subsidies to the giant merchants all across the city (eg: Frávega, Rodo...) that kept their ACs on full blast and their doors wide freaking open whilst homes were without power for weeks on end.

They don't cut the subsidies, but instead cutting off electricity regularly - fair deal :D

Back