The euro: How low can it go?

It can go a long way now.
Brits have decided to get out of the EU, leaving the EU in the hands of Germany (and eventually France).
The new European leader is named Merkozy!

Anyway, EU will have soon its own QE1 (then QE2, 3, 4, etc... It's like the Rambo movies, it never ends).

What would be the bet btw?! Could be interested :)

The engineered farce is in its final stages and the Euro may be worthless by March 2012 . What happened in Argentina in 2001 was a testing ground for future events . Do not trust banks nor fiat currencies

French jurist said:
Brits have decided to get out of the EU, leaving the EU in the hands of Germany (and eventually France).
A mere technicality, I know, but Britain didn't leave: it was the other 26 nations who got up and walked out, gifting this priceless headline in the Independent the following day: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-eu-leaves-britain-6275034.html

Those of you unfortunate enough not to have been born British (and I suppose that includes an awful lot of you who, over the centuries, have fought wars against us) might not know that a running gag about British insularity is summed up in an apocryphal British newspaper headline that supposedly read 'Fog in Channel: Continent cut off.' You cannot begin to believe how delighted the Indy must have felt to be able to run that same headline for real.

Me? I'm rather saddened by it all. There's more to national life than patriotism and money and in my mind - for a whole host of non-financial, non jingoistic reasons - I always thought that joining the EU was the best thing Britain ever did.

perry said:
The engineered farce is in its final stages and the Euro may be worthless by March 2012 . What happened in Argentina in 2001 was a testing ground for future events . Do not trust banks nor fiat currencies

But if you do, for now, I would bet on the Dollar...

dollar.jpg

...and the Pound.

133736868_3e04919881_o.jpg

Two friends who've been around for centuries.

French jurist said:
The new European leader is named Merkozy!

Anyway, EU will have soon its own QE1 (then QE2, 3, 4, etc... It's like the Rambo movies, it never ends).

What would be the bet btw?! Could be interested :)

The United Kingdom is and remains a full member of the European Union.

The Treaty agreed by 26 members of the European Union last Friday was vetoed by the United Kingdom and legally therefore falls outside of the scope of the European Union.

This may or may not be a good thing, but the United Kindom is a signatory to all EU Treaties including the Treaty of Lisbon, which was the most recent. This has not changed and there has been no indication that this will change.

solerboy said:
The United Kingdom is and remains a full member of the European Union.

The Treaty agreed by 26 members of the European Union last Friday was vetoed by the United Kingdom and legally therefore falls outside of the scope of the European Union.

This may or may not be a good thing, but the United Kindom is a signatory to all EU Treaties including the Treaty of Lisbon, which was the most recent. This has not changed and there has been no indication that this will change.

I know, just teasing ;-p

never thought I'd say this about a tory leader but I get the distinct feeling that by (northern) spring of next year, Cameron's actions are going to look better and better, may even be his "falklands" event. Seems he's rejected a third class ticket on the Titanic, locked down in the lower decks with the cheery irish jiggers and leonardo.

Frankly speaking, the UK is not much of an EU member even now. We were always ''a world apart''

elhombresinnombre said:
Me? I'm rather saddened by it all. There's more to national life than patriotism and money and in my mind - for a whole host of non-financial, non jingoistic reasons - I always thought that joining the EU was the best thing Britain ever did.

I'm good with the EU in general even with some of the problems. But I've always been against the Euro. It was a problem waiting to happen.

Anyway, the EU is set up to ease trade among member countries. The Euro made it too expensive to have anything made in the Eurozone, espeically in Portugal, Spain & Greece. Even Greek olive oil is too expensive to make now so it gets commoditized and industrialized and the quality goes down, down, down.

Now Europe is trading with China and not each other. That was not the point.

I'd love to spin off back to individual currencies so that locally (within Europe) produced goods could be competitive instead of shipping everything from China. Why on earth does Europe need to buy garlic from China??? Cuz it's too expensive now to grow profitably in the Euro zone.

Back