The excellent David Glen and his CANDYLAND

starlucia

Registered
I would like to give a shout-out to our very own Davidglen77, who made it possible for me to deliver a beautiful birthday gift to my girlfriend, despite being thousands of miles away. I had really wanted her to receive something on her actual birthday, but knew that sending anything from abroad was out of the question ("Happy birthday! Schlep down to Ezeiza and pay $300 USD to retrieve your present.") I didn't know of any gift delivery services in Buenos Aires (and frankly, wouldn't trust them). I was only familiar with David and his shop through these forums, but knew from reading his posts that he placed a high emphasis on honest business practices and North American standards of customer service. So I sent him an email out of the blue, hoping he could help me out!

I am so glad I contacted him, since the transaction went smoothly from beginning to end. He was receptive to my original request, and a consummate professional -- responding to emails promptly, drawing up lists of products and prices, and helping me put together a lovely arrangement of liqueurs, nuts, sweets, and olive oil. He included only the freshest products, sent me photos before the delivery, and personally delivered the package exactly when he said he would. The birthday girl was thrilled with her gift ("Que hermoso regalo, estoy contentisima!!!"), and has already commented on the quality (apparently CANDYLAND's roasted almonds are delicious and much fresher than those she recently bought at Valenti.) And she was shocked to learn that David is American, not Argentine - "but his Spanish is so perfect?!" ;)

So once again, thanks for the personal attention, David. It's hard enough celebrating a loved one's birthday long-distance, but even harder in Argentina, where reliable customer service and online ordering are virtually non-existent. Receiving a birthday gift made her day, and we're looking forward to visiting your shop in the future.

Attachments

• Productos Regalo 1.jpg
    Productos Regalo 1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 53
  • Caja Regalo 1.jpg
    Caja Regalo 1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 36
Agreed - what a great story and kudos to DavidGlen for such exceptional service! And happy birthday to the GF :)

Back