The Expat Obamacare Debate

Thank you Ed Rooney. Some people can't see past their own noses. I've said nearly a HUNDRED times that I'm not for the conservative option.

Also, the video is not supposed to be funny. It's a parody of a very old video in which the Bill (I'm just a Bill) teaches kids how bills turn into laws in Washington. The point was EXACTLY what Ed said. To show that the democrats AND the republicans BOTH pass laws for special interests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0

The video was produced by takepart.com, which describes itself as "... the digital division of Participant Media, the folks who brought you such acclaimed documentaries as Food, Inc., An Inconvenient Truth, and The Cove ...". Despite the lame attempts at humour, it doesn't sound like a conservative group to me.

I dont care who made it- its still not very good.

Of course ALL politicians in the USA mostly pass bills for monetary reasons, to pay back contributors- which, to me, points out how badly we need campaign finance reform up there.

Anyway, as A Lifelong Bob Dorough fan, I find lame attempts to ride on his coat-tails stupid.

This here is how it SHOULD be done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq2iBkMXwHE

I dont care who made it- its still not very good.

Of course ALL politicians in the USA mostly pass bills for monetary reasons, to pay back contributors- which, to me, points out how badly we need campaign finance reform up there.

Anyway, as A Lifelong Bob Dorough fan, I find lame attempts to ride on his coat-tails stupid.

This here is how it SHOULD be done.

That's what I'm trying to say. Obamacare is worthless not because it was passed by democrats, it's worthless because it doesn't change any of this (the money and special interests) and it keeps all the underlying causes for a horrible health care system. The thing is, we live in a world, and apparently the expat forums are no exception, in which independent thought is rare and things tend to get polarized to the point where people can no longer tell black from white.

That's what I'm trying to say. Obamacare is worthless not because it was passed by democrats, it's worthless because it doesn't change any of this (the money and special interests) and it keeps all the underlying causes for a horrible health care system. The thing is, we live in a world, and apparently the expat forums are no exception, in which independent thought is rare and things tend to get polarized to the point where people can no longer tell black from white.

The Teabaggers appear to be able to tell black from white.

I would repeat, however, that even though Obamacare may be "worthless", it will, in 2014, save me several thousand dollars in health care expenses, and give me a better policy than I had before. Perhaps I am the only guy in the entire USA in this situation- I dont know- but I kind of doubt it.

It certainly has a lot of problems, and I would have much preferred either true single payer, or failing that, the option for every american to choose medicare at any age.

I would repeat, however, that even though Obamacare may be "worthless", it will, in 2014, save me several thousand dollars in health care expenses, and give me a better policy than I had before. Perhaps I am the only guy in the entire USA in this situation- I dont know- but I kind of doubt it.

It certainly has a lot of problems, and I would have much preferred either true single payer, or failing that, the option for every american to choose medicare at any age.

It's not a panacea, but it's a start. Many millions more will have good coverage, but it still leaves too many out.

Back