The Fam And I To Ba From Usa. What To Bring?

You might consider bringing your own dog pooper scooper. No, it's not for YOUR dog. :(

Kind of proves my point, if you ask me- even at the blue, thats more than double what I would pay in the US.
I think the trick is to get an offer with a credit card. We recently bought a Samsung Ecobubble 1200 rpm washing machine for only 3800 pesos after a 20% discount with the Cencosud card. With the blue rate that would come to 400-420 USD. I could not find that model on US sites but I found the same machine in the UK and there it costs around 580 USD (online price). Not a bad deal and the machine works great.

If you are planning on bringing 120V appliances, consider purchasing an inverter and transformer to bring. Possibly a power strip for convenience as well.

Transformers are available here to step down voltage to US voltage but aren't all that great quality IMO. Transformers don't change the Hz from 50 to 60...

Inverters are not as readily available. You may not need the inverter which will convert DC to 110/120V 60Hz while the transformer just does the voltage. They are used in RVs, boats and with solar panels to power appliances. You will need to give the inverter a DC source but that's not a problem.

Both of these are very heavy and ideal for putting in a container since bringing them in luggage is difficult due to their weight.

Talk to an electrician for more info...

Also, I highly recommend CO (carbon monoxide) detectors as they are not as easily found here and are expensive. Smoke alarms are generally cheaper to buy there as well...

In general anything heavy that you won't be able to easily bring later in luggage... You can get cast iron pans here but I would kill for a set of Lodge pans which are of much better quality.

Sheets. Im still using Yves Saint Laurent US sheets that my parents bought in 1978 in Miami, which are in perfect state, and during this time I have purchased a loooooot of argentine sheets. Same with towels and clothes in general. Americans are far better than argentines.

As for pepper grinders, I am a Peugot man- which, since the cars are so popular here, you would think they would have- but I have looked in about 2 dozen kitchen stores over a period of five years, and never found one. Bought a lesser brand, not cheap, it barely works. I bring Peugot's from home.

There are at least 2 stores on Jujuy where I have seen them numerous times and another on Asamblea.

Thanks everyone. In all honesty I originally planned to sell off all our stuff off here in the US and just re-buy everything in Argentina but from what you guys are saying I had better take advantage of having this container.

Back