The Four Main Reasons Why It’s So Expensive To Fly In Argentina

https://www.infobae.com/economia/fi...ost-el-gobierno-autorizo-a-volar-a-norwegian/

....Among the cabotage flights have routes from Cordoba (8) to San Luis, San Juan, Santa Fe, Tucumán, Jujuy, Posadas, Resistencia, Ushuaia; from Salta (3) to San Juan, Tucumán and Comodoro; from the city of Mendoza (2) to Jujuy and Tucumán, and one from San Rafael to Santa Rosa; from La Pampa, from Santa Rosa to Viedma; and from Rosario (2) to San Rafael and El Calafate.....

....As for international destinations , the company will fly from Buenos Aires to destinations such as Cape Town, Cancun, Cartagena de Indias, Chicago, Copenhagen, Dallas, Fort Lauderdale, Honolulu, Johannesburg, Kiev, Istanbul, Stockholm, Malaga, Milan, Moscow , Oslo, Puerto Rico, Perth, Prague, Tel Aviv, Washington and Zurich; from Córdoba to eight cities that include Barcelona, Punta Cana and Havana; as well as flights from Mendoza and Rosario to Miami......

....In this way, the company Norwegian joins the other five to which the Government granted 135 new routes that are Andes, American Jet, Alas del Sur, Avianca and Flybondi.

For what it's worth I think Norwegians plans are mostly pie in the sky. They're not exactly on a safe financial footing at the moment so I would have thought this would be the last place you'd want to 'set up shop'. It's not exactly a country where low cost comes to my mind....I smell a rat to be honest.

That info is wrong. There are minimum fares (that are high) by law. This is why it is expensive.

The salaries of the pilots looks fake because, otherwise, all the pilots of the world would be desesperated for working here.

The salaries of the pilots looks fake because, otherwise, all the pilots of the world would be desesperated for working here.

I've heard they are very well paid.
Aerolineas cabin crew probably earn more than some European low cost airline pilots.

Argentine pilots are the best paid in Latin America...

But you can only work here if you are Argentine -

Dont mess with the pilots union if you want to run your schedules every day.

Does this also explain why it's so expensive to fly TO Argentina, especially from the US? The last time I checked, it was three times as expensive to fly from the West Coast to BA than to fly to a connecting destination in Europe (flying nonstop to a major European airport and then connecting on a flight to get to a smaller city). CRAZY. And we wonder yet again why tourists are staying away?

Back