The Inauguration Day: Mapping Milei's Presidential Route

I live 12 blocks from Congress, but I prefer watching TV Publica. Excellent coverage of every minute of this important day for Argentina.

The Baton received by Milei, at the Inauguration, had engraved the names of his 5 dogs/children...?

I agree with you, we watched it on TV Publica too. But it wasn't every minute, was it? When before have they ever had the ministers taking their oaths behind closed doors? And I can never remember a time before when the Presidential Gala at Teatro Colon has not been broadcast live to the nation. As far as I know it wasn't even on Teatro Colon's En Vivo stream. What's all that about then?

I watched from my friends balcony on Av. de Mayo and walked down for the start of the speech, and early in the morning to see the crowd. Definitely some fanatics; people say he has nothing in common with Trump (haha) but the weird messianic imagery their fans occasionally embrace creeps me out. Someone was selling LLA/Evangelical shirts, I include a pic so you see what I mean. (if you cant see they say Leon Juda Vencio)

Also the MAGA hats. Meh. Not a fan of those, or the yellow Gadson flags, which were also out in force.

I was a little surprised he rode in a convertible, right below me. Someone threw a plastic bottle of water from the sidelines, but otherwise no incidents. As an estadunidense, I find an open presidential motorcade on a busy parade route alarming; with all the memetic nods toward USA political imagery, youd think theyd want to avoid that one.

Attachments

• maga.jpg
    maga.jpg
    663.1 KB · Views: 6
  • shirts.jpg
    shirts.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back