The Mess in Argentina

From the seventh and last paragraph under the header "Mileinomics", just above the header "The Opposition"

"...and Malthus’ only use these days is to provide intellectual support for the pro-life movement, whose advocacy of abortion and family planning he despises."

Since when does the pro-life movement advocate abortion? Last time I looked, the folks calling themselves "pro-life" were vehemently opposed to abortion.

Does nobody proofread anymore? WTF?

So who are these guys? Yes, I know who they say they are but I want to know who other people say they are. I'm sure that if King Herod had had an "About Us" page on his website it would have given a lot of guff about "Taking positive action to promote opportunities for the second born" or somesutch.

So who are these guys? Yes, I know who they say they are but I want to know who other people say they are. I'm sure that if King Herod had had an "About Us" page on his website it would have given a lot of guff about "Taking positive action to promote opportunities for the second born" or somesutch.

That is the question, of course. There are so many shady NGO's focusing on Latin America, especially now that The West is in a panic (10 years too late) about RT becoming influential here, that one could certainly be forgiven for taking a cynical attitude toward any such publication.

At the very bottom of the article, it says this about the author -
FPIF commentator Walden Bello is Co-chair of the Bangkok-based Focus on the Global South affiliated with the Chulalongkorn University Social Research Institute and honorary research fellow with the Sociology Department of the State University of New York at Binghamton. This article is based on a recent trip the author made to Argentina that was supported by a travel grant from International Development Associates (IDEAs).

So, hey, he made a trip to Argentina, and therefore he's qualified to pontificate.

The People gives a rats ass about the Austrian School, Von Hayek, Friedman, et.al. It's the Economy Carajo...!!
As CFK said " Milei deal with the Argentinean Economics. Deficit Zero, and other measures mean nothing. Just show the People the results at the Supermarket Cashier...

The People gives a rats ass about the Austrian School, Von Hayek, Friedman, et.al. It's the Economy Carajo...!!
As CFK said " Milei deal with the Argentinean Economics. Deficit Zero, and other measures mean nothing. Just show the People the results at the Supermarket Cashier...
Can we please move on from parroting CFK (a literal convicted domestic and international criminal) to some constructive discourse about Milei's programs and alternatives? There surely has to be a better reference point in this country than such obvious corruption.

Can we please move on from parroting CFK (a literal convicted domestic and international criminal) to some constructive discourse about Milei's programs and alternatives? There surely has to be a better reference point in this country than such obvious corruption.

No, we cannot move on from that. Forget the messenger and look at the message. For me, it makes perfect sense and I completely agree. Statistics be damned, what matters to me is what things cost, that's the reality of inflation. The reality is that prices continue to climb at a dizzying pace, and my social security check isn't getting me to the end of the month anymore.

No, we cannot move on from that. Forget the messenger and look at the message. For me, it makes perfect sense and I completely agree. Statistics be damned, what matters to me is what things cost, that's the reality of inflation. The reality is that prices continue to climb at a dizzying pace, and my social security check isn't getting me to the end of the month anymore.
"...my social security check isn't getting me to the end of the month anymore."

And the US Social Security increase for 2025 is projected to be a pittance at 2.5% because the Bureau of Labor Statistics configures and compiles the data, such as excluding food and energy costs, to conform with the Biden regime's false narrative that inflation is under control.

There is an elderly American retired couple in my barrio subsisting on Social Security who are now depleting their savings in order to make ends meet in Buenos Aires.

Back