"The Most Beautiful Apartment in Buenos Aires" for sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this is a price now for apartments in Once I lived in that neighbourhood for many years and it goes for no more than 1000 dollars a metre. The building is below average.

It looks beautiful. I read much of the text, and I have no doubt that it is every bit as nice in person as it is in the photos, if not even more so. I would dearly love to live in something so nice and with such stunning views.

I think the problem is that it's like building a large, well-crafted house in a lesser neighborhood - it might be worth more than its surroundings, but not too much more, no matter how much it cost to build it. It's only worth what someone will pay for it.

You always want to have a lesser house in a better neighborhood, not a better house in a lesser neighborhood, as far as asking price goes.

That's about $100K more than the owners are asking for the 300 sqm, 4 bedroom, huge kitchen house I'm renting in a closed nieghborhood in Pilar, with 800 sm of property and a decent-sized pool, parilla, 24 hour security, etc. Granted it is not nearly as well designed and executed as the apartment in question.

You would need simply more square footage to get any kind of serious bump in price I think.

People willing to settle in Argentina are thinking in local prices.

People willing to relocate are thinking is foreign prices, funds needed to buy a new home in their new country.

The use of superlatives might not suffice to fill in the gap between both expectations and time might erode sellers dreams of a castle in Spain.

A nice decoration and good pictures can certainly help charming customers...to a certain extend. With 5x multiple to local prices, you really need to be an outstanding charmer tho.

Are 3% the usual fee for realtors here? In France, it s more like 5% :eek:

smirkypants said:
I fell in love with the photos, but 350k for a Rivadavia address. Wow.

Just to be objective, here is another apartment in the next block for $350,000 USD:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar...epto-c-terraza-propia-y-cupula-unico-piso-_JM

It looks like it is three time the size of the apartment featured in this thread, but it could not possibly have an equal view. Nonetheless, it certainly would be my first choice if I had the funds to invest and I was willing to live in that part of BA. (I don't and I'm not.)

Tthe 450 sq mt apartment on mercado libre is, to my mind, MUCH more beautiful.
Not to mention much bigger, with better materials and finishes, and antique charm.

But I already own an apartment, and am not in the market for another.

Ries said:
Tthe 450 sq mt apartment on mercado libre is, to my mind, MUCH more beautiful.
Not to mention much bigger, with better materials and finishes, and antique charm.

Except it seems to be infested with ghosts......

;)

mini said:
Except it seems to be infested with ghosts......

;)

Those are Gaudi ghosts, Mini.

I'd hang with them anytime.

(Along with Mies, LeCorb, and FLW.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back