The Nanny

Davidglen77

Registered
Does anybody have an explanation as to why the television show "The Nanny" (played by Fran Drescher) was so popular here? Any time I mention to porteños that I am from New York, they ask what Queens is like and if I knew where "The Nanny" was from. I mean is there an equivalent in Argentina to nasal voiced, big haired, middle-class jewish girls from Flushing, Queens?

Susannah Gimenez. :)

.....actually, apart from the burlesque nature of the action, the notion of over/underdressing and fashion is very popular here. It was explained to me that the reason Friends and 2 1/2 Men are so popular is not because of the dialogue (one well-written, the other just plain gross) was because the women want to see what they are wearing and the men want to indulge in sexual fantasies involved in the the visual situations. These are reprised and discussed with their friends on Friday nights in the cafes.

because the women want to see what they are wearing and the men want to indulge in sexual fantasies involved in the the visual situations.

Give me a break, are you serious? I like the show and its not because Im fantasizing about having Charlies sex life..

Back