The New 50

Maybe to understand the political rhetoric of the country you currently live in, among other things? Or at least to not freak out when the ATM issues you a wad of different colored bills? Or, knowing how to recognize the badly printed ones that some restaurants won't take?

If its anything like the Evitas, you wont be able to use them for at least 3-4 weeks, then slowly they'll reluctantly accept them.

Meanwhile Timmerman claims Britain doesn't want to sit down with him forgetting when he was in London he was invited for a chat with Hague the foreign minister but refused to go because there were 2 scary elected officials of 3000 odd people in the room.
http://www.bbc.com/n...litics-21338794

He also claims they'll go to every international forum, conveniently forgetting where the ICJ is after taking Uruguay there over a little pulp mill.

I get the feeling they don't actually want the islands. :rolleyes:
The islands are much better for CFK as an idea than a reality. I frequently point to Yasser Arafat not really wanting to reach a peace accord, because then he'd have to govern and people would stop sending him millions and millions of dollars a week to "fight the good fight".

There are mobs killing petty criminals in the streets now in Argentina, who wants to focus on that?

http://www.telam.com...e-malvinas.html
Personal militar realizará este año una reconstrucción simbólica del momento del desembarco argentino en el archipiélago, con efectivos de un grupo anfibio que ganará la costa emulando los movimientos de una situación real.

I wonder if German soldiers recreated invading Poland to commemorate WW2

The power comparison would be more like reenacting Kristallnacht, where you have an organized group against simple shop keepers & farmers. At least Poland theoretically had a full army to protect the country.

Most of the Argentines I talk to; at least those ones who are prepared to have a lucid discussion on the subject, couldn't really give a monkey's about the Falklands, realise it's a cause that was lost in 1982 and pour scorn on the imagery being fomented by the current occupier of 50 Balcarce St.
And taking this one step further, wasn't the argument after the conflict that Galtieri and his thugs used the Falklands as a diversionary tactic?
Who is she trying to fool this time?

The islands are much better for CFK as an idea than a reality. I frequently point to Yasser Arafat not really wanting to reach a peace accord, because then he'd have to govern and people would stop sending him millions and millions of dollars a week to "fight the good fight".
Wrong. He was known as one of the only palestine leaders actually willing to agree a peace deal. :)

So according to Xtina she actually has jurisdiction over the Falklands as opposed to a stubborn politically convenient claim? If that is the case shouldn't she have unveiled the stupid new 50 in Port Stanley?

So according to Xtina she actually has jurisdiction over the Falklands as opposed to a stubborn politically convenient claim? If that is the case shouldn't she have unveiled the stupid new 50 in Port Stanley?

For what it's worth, UK banknotes and coins are valid in the Falklands, but Falklands banknotes and coins are not valid in the UK (though I have used Falklands coins in UK vending machines).

Back