The new airlines

Hi Bajo. When you say "serious" do you mean from a safety perspective? Thanks in advance.

Yes. Lapa had issues regarding one pilot who was not in conditions to fly, who was rejected at the semestral test, they falsified the licence and he crashed the plane making the same mistakes as in the simulator
But this new companies are having mechanical problems, this is far too much.

Generally Aerolineas Argentinas is the best at this. Most of my clients who frequently fly domestic strongly prefer them to LAN (to say nothing of the bargain airlines)
To be clear, "best" is relative, and delays are by no means unheard of. Leave plenty of time in BsAs (a day should be fine).
Best of luck to you.

When an airline never delays, it does not means is better in the 3rd world where airplanes are not brand new.
When AA has a delay is because the pilot decide the flight is a no go and it does not fly until is repaired. LAPA used this pilot who crashed the Airplane for not delaying the schedule: he used to fly all the no go flights.

Last edited:
Taking bets on 1) bajo's likely answer to this; 2) the amount of actual knowledge behind (1).

Well, well, well. I worked the evidence in the criminal case of the most important air crash in Argentina. So, I had to read the testimonies of international air security experts, the international legislation about the topic, all the important crashed around the world and, in detail, how does AA works in comparision woth LAPA. So, obviously you like to put yourself in ridiculous.

Even so me being a Brit flying on Argentine military planes would feel a bit tense. Probably best not to turn up in a freshly ironed 'I love the Falklands' t shirt..

Well, they used to use the same hercules for throwing people alive from the Sky in the familiar vuelos de la muerte...

My recent experience of flying Flybondi from Buenos Aires to Posadas and return last week.

Purchased 2 tickets on flybondi.com for 2,000 pesos return each ( around 52 USD return ). Included all taxes and extras, preassigned seats (1A, 1B), one checked in bag plus each, one hand carry bag each. Website easy to use with additional charges transparent.

Day before departure day, received an email from Flybondi to encourage check in online, with a message informing that otherwise additional charges would apply at airport. Check in online was free.

Flybondi operates from El Palomar Airport (EPA) not as centrally located as Aeroparque (AEP). There is a train station within 300 metres of the terminal building, with regular services from Retiro for around 32 pesos. The train is quite slow, takes more than one hour, but we had time on a Saturday morning, and it was OK walking with our baggage. Alternatively, UBER can take you from central Bs. As. to EPA for around 500 pesos.

El Palomar Airport is a military airport that has been modified for Flybondi to operate. Although the terminal building is small, we found it efficient upon dropping our bags off for the flight. Walk from bag drop to gate was 50 metres at most, passing quickly moving security line.|At airside, a little crowded just a small coffee place with limited snacks. No duty free of course as its a domestic flight, which in Argentina (EZE, AEP) tend to avoid anyhow due to exorbitant prices in USD.

Boarding process was straightforward, a walk 100 metes to aircraft ( up steps ), perhaps complicated if it was ever to rain, but we had a perfect sunny day to fly.

Flybondi has young Argentina crew. Very friendly and professional. All seemed motivated with their jobs, helped passengers stowing their bags overhead ( most airline crew do not seem to do this nowadays ) and boarded a full flight efficiently. Departed on time, smooth flight, although on-board announcements only in Spanish, the crew did speak English as well if needed. Had a coffee and alfajor on board for 100 pesos.

At Posados Airport (PSS) arrival on time, again a walked outside to terminal building, around 100 metres, baggage arrived within 5 minutes.

Return to Buenos Aires a week later, similar experience, on time departure, professional friendly and young crew. Baggage delivered at EPA on arrival within 10 minutes. Took UBER back to central Buenos Aires.

Overall, from my experiences would not hesitate to fly again with them, especially when the alternative flights to Posadas on Aerolines Argentinas would have cost us more than 3 times the price of Flybondi.

One of the strategies to reduce costs of Flybondi is to override security cross-checks and this happends:

https://www.google.com.ar/amp/www.e...cola-contra-el-suelo-al-despegar-n3080746/amp

To distribute improperly the weight of luggage or passengers might the airplane to crash and this is what happened, precisely, in the route you took. The article states that the [unprofessional crew that was busy helping you with luggage with a smile and that speak English] was in a rush and distributed improperly the passengers. Nice, sorry, I prefer nasty profesional who enforce the air security rules.

https://www.google.com.ar/amp/m.lav...-pasajeros-que-paso-en-el-accidente-de-iguazu

Here you have a magazine of the union of pilots:
http://www.aviones.com/revista/aviones_com_04/aviones4.pdf

So, ignorancy is a bliss.

Last year i traveled 2/3 times per week all around the country and I have never seen a violation to the rules of security at AA. The cheap is expensive.

One of the strategies to reduce costs of Flybondi is to override security cross-checks and this happends:

https://www.google.com.ar/amp/www.e...cola-contra-el-suelo-al-despegar-n3080746/amp

To distribute improperly the weight of luggage or passengers might the airplane to crash and this is what happened, precisely, in the route you took. The article states that the [unprofessional crew that was busy helping you with luggage with a smile and that speak English] was in a rush and distributed improperly the passengers. Nice, sorry, I prefer nasty profesional who enforce the air security rules.

https://www.google.com.ar/amp/m.lav...-pasajeros-que-paso-en-el-accidente-de-iguazu

Here you have a magazine of the union of pilots:
http://www.aviones.com/revista/aviones_com_04/aviones4.pdf

So, ignorancy is a bliss.

Last year i traveled 2/3 times per week all around the country and I have never seen a violation to the rules of security at AA. The cheap is expensive.

yeah, examples like that are precisely why i will never fly anything other than AA or LAN here. i don't care how much cheaper it is.

ben, long time, no see. You were missed.

Appreciate. I am trying to devote more time to real life. Particularly as participating here usually ends up with me collapsing under the kilos of stupid I run across.
As an example, we have the several gems dropped over the weekend, and not picked up. Against my better judgment, I will bite. Not going to litigate one line at a time, will stick to a general recap.

• Regarding the airline safety claims:
    • To start with, for a lawyer to make sweeping claims on airline safety based on his prior work on a single air disaster 20 years ago, however consequential or illuminating, is absurd.
    • To extrapolate from that single incident, again however consequential or illuminating, to the policies of airlines which came into existence some 15-20 years later, as if it's the same thing, is beyond absurd.
    • To draw some kind of logical link between rudeness and professionalism or lack thereof (unprofessional crew that was busy helping you with luggage with a smile and that speak English ... prefer nasty profesional who enforce the air security rules") - what?!
      • We all know that the ruder someone is, the more professional, right?
      • It can't be that someone is both rude and unprofessional.
      • Or even - gasp - polite and professional.
  • Regarding the aborted FlyBondi flight from Iguazu to El Palomar, in which the tail struck the ground on takeoff:
    • To draw conclusions based on a news article whose sole source appears to be hearsay from an anonymous employee, is misleading if not dishonest.
    • Similarly misleading to omit that a similar incident apparently happened in the last couple of years with an Aerolineas aircraft, as reported in the articles bajo quotes.
    • Equally misleading to make no reference to the fact that lots of the opinions quoted there come from the head of the pilots union, and to provide no insight into his biases.
      This union is the same group of clowns who, during an Aerolineas flight, put out a message from the union regarding a labor action on the plane's PA system.
    • To paint Aerolineas as above fault is ridiculous. Unless you forget that little incident where they allowed Argentina's answer to Kim Kardashian into the cockpit during a flight (ended up sentenced to community service).
  • Regarding flights on LADE (the civilian state owned airline that uses military infrastructure), and their openness to foreigners, which bajo was badly wrong about, which was easily flagged as nonsense with a quick look at their website, and which bajo decided to double down on:
    • To insinuate that clearly stating the documentation requirements for foreigners (spoiler: a passport) is actually a honeytrap on the part of the military to charge those foreigners with espionage, is why I drink.
    • Mixing the Colonia runs into said stupid-soup - more desperate still.
    • To mix in that the army may throw you off their planes because the military junta did so in 1979 - what are you smoking, dude?
To be clear, a lot of the points may in fact be correct. Aerolineas' overall record is very good, as I mentioned before, pilot indiscretions notwithstanding. And it is perfectly fair to ask whether the low-cost airlines cut costs too much on safety issues. In the US, for example, there is Allegiant Air, which it appears no sane person should ever fly. Questions and perhaps even some assumptions are always in order.

But when trying to have an intelligent discussion, it's often helpful to keep made up stuff and loony theories separate from valid arguments and facts. Which bajo, as usual, turns out not to be very good at.

Last edited:
B
Appreciate. I am trying to devote more time to real life. Particularly as participating here usually ends up with me collapsing under the kilos of stupid I run across.
As an example, we have the several gems dropped over the weekend, and not picked up. Against my better judgment, I will bite. Not going to litigate one line at a time, will stick to a general recap.

• Regarding the airline safety claims:
    • To start with, for a lawyer to make sweeping claims on airline safety based on his prior work on a single air disaster 20 years ago, however consequential or illuminating, is absurd.
    • To extrapolate from that single incident, again however consequential or illuminating, to the policies of airlines which came into existence some 15-20 years later, as if it's the same thing, is beyond absurd.
    • To draw some kind of logical link between rudeness and professionalism or lack thereof (unprofessional crew that was busy helping you with luggage with a smile and that speak English ... prefer nasty profesional who enforce the air security rules") - what?!
      • We all know that the ruder someone is, the more professional, right?
      • It can't be that someone is both rude and unprofessional.
      • Or even - gasp - polite and professional.
  • Regarding the aborted FlyBondi flight from Iguazu to El Palomar, in which the tail struck the ground on takeoff:
    • To draw conclusions based on a news article whose sole source appears to be hearsay from an anonymous employee, is misleading if not dishonest.
    • Similarly misleading to omit that a similar incident apparently happened in the last couple of years with an Aerolineas aircraft, as reported in the articles bajo quotes.
    • Equally misleading to make no reference to the fact that lots of the opinions quoted there come from the head of the pilots union, and to provide no insight into his biases.
      This union is the same group of clowns who, during an Aerolineas flight, put out a message from the union regarding a labor action on the plane's PA system.
    • To paint Aerolineas as above fault is ridiculous. Unless you forget that little incident where they allowed Argentina's answer to Kim Kardashian into the cockpit during a flight (ended up sentenced to community service).
  • Regarding flights on LADE (the civilian state owned airline that uses military infrastructure), and their openness to foreigners, which bajo was badly wrong about, which was easily flagged as nonsense with a quick look at their website, and which bajo decided to double down on:
    • To insinuate that clearly stating the documentation requirements for foreigners (spoiler: a passport) is actually a honeytrap on the part of the military to charge those foreigners with espionage, is why I drink.
    • Mixing the Colonia runs into said stupid-soup - more desperate still.
    • To mix in that the army may throw you off their planes because the military junta did so in 1979 - what are you smoking, dude?
To be clear, a lot of the points may in fact be correct. Aerolineas' overall record is very good, as I mentioned before, pilot indiscretions notwithstanding. And it is perfectly fair to ask whether the low-cost airlines cut costs too much on safety issues. In the US, for example, there is Allegiant Air, which it appears no sane person should ever fly. Questions and perhaps even some assumptions are always in order.

But when trying to have an intelligent discussion, it's often helpful to keep made up stuff and loony theories separate from valid arguments and facts. Which bajo, as usual, turns out not to be very good at.

Ben, to have an intellegent discussion and being you in it is not compatible.
1. Police and military enfoces the decree 532/45 and I know it because my work is to avoid it plus decree 70/2017 allows arrest without the order of a judge;
2. They analize your Colonia runs under the decree you didn’t even know;
3. Regarding the vuelos de la muerte, you do not even recognize sarcasm. However, those institutions has a culture, not a very democratic one so it is not wise at all to use an airline that use military bases if you do not have DNI or if you have a Colonia rub record.
However, it can be expected you to use it...

Regarding gems, do you litigate lines on internet? Really? Where is you law firm? At imfuckinggaga.com? Habahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshahahahahahshahahahajahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

What happened? They didn’t allow you to use internet at the mad house or medication was too strong Dr. internet attorney.

Last edited:
Back