The new airlines

That nonsense aside, here's what I know so far.

Andes has delays and whatnot, and they nickel and dime you on everything they can, but bottom line you get there. And even the fees are manageable as long as you know (or are well advised) what you're dealing with.
As an example - they charge just under 600 pesos per checked bag, but oftentimes you can get a fare for less than 300 pesos more with 1 bag included.
And you must check in online and bring the printed boarding pass, otherwise they'll charge you extra for check-in at the airport.

They used to be terrible with delays, are better now.

Flybondi I haven't heard much good about to date.

Don't know much yet about Norwegian domestic. I do sell tickets with them to the UK and they're fine.

I have experience working the Lapa air crash (69 deaths) criminal case and I can tell you that they were a lot more serious than this new airlines.

Hi Bajo. When you say "serious" do you mean from a safety perspective? Thanks in advance.

Even so me being a Brit flying on Argentine military planes would feel a bit tense. Probably best not to turn up in a freshly ironed 'I love the Falklands' t shirt..

As long as you don't show up in a shirt like that - or in a car sporting a license plate like H982 FKL - I doubt you'll have any kind of problems.

New Airlines Sky and Jetsmart to Santiago..Comments ?

Don't know anything about Jetsmart yet.

Sky is/was a "normal" carrier which transitioned a couple of years ago to the low-cost model.
A few years ago they even had a code-share agreement with Aerolineas Argentinas, you could fly AR to Santiago and Sky back here or vice versa.
And they're a perfectly fine airline, no complaints that have come to my attention.

That nonsense aside, here's what I know so far.

Andes has delays and whatnot, and they nickel and dime you on everything they can, but bottom line you get there. And even the fees are manageable as long as you know (or are well advised) what you're dealing with.
As an example - they charge just under 600 pesos per checked bag, but oftentimes you can get a fare for less than 300 pesos more with 1 bag included.
And you must check in online and bring the printed boarding pass, otherwise they'll charge you extra for check-in at the airport.

They used to be terrible with delays, are better now.

Flybondi I haven't heard much good about to date.

Don't know much yet about Norwegian domestic. I do sell tickets with them to the UK and they're fine.

Ben - Do you know which airline is least prone to strikes and severe delays in Argentina ? We are flying Norwegian Air in a month's time from EZE but we need to fly a day beforehand to BA from Salta (with a different airline) which we figure is safely in advance should airline or weather problems arise.

Ben - Do you know which airline is least prone to strikes and severe delays in Argentina ? We are flying Norwegian Air in a month's time from EZE but we need to fly a day beforehand to BA from Salta (with a different airline) which we figure is safely in advance should airline or weather problems arise.

Generally Aerolineas Argentinas is the best at this. Most of my clients who frequently fly domestic strongly prefer them to LAN (to say nothing of the bargain airlines)
To be clear, "best" is relative, and delays are by no means unheard of. Leave plenty of time in BsAs (a day should be fine).
Best of luck to you.

Generally Aerolineas Argentinas is the best at this. Most of my clients who frequently fly domestic strongly prefer them to LAN (to say nothing of the bargain airlines)
To be clear, "best" is relative, and delays are by no means unheard of. Leave plenty of time in BsAs (a day should be fine).
Best of luck to you.

I agree Aerolineas is best. Normally on time. Some of the air hostesses and ground staff is rude but they are still better than LATAM, Copa.

Back