The new Argentine passports

ptolemy

Registered
Has anyone had experience with the “new passports,”(Argentine) for a new-born? I called today and the first appointment available was six weeks from now, with an additional three weeks to receive the passport. Last time, 2 years ago, it was a walk-in that took about 2 hours, (special line for babies,) and two weeks to receive it. Any pointers out there?

Update: It should read "first appointment available was three weeks from now, with an additional three weeks to receive the passport." A total of six weeks; sorry for the confusion, if any.

I went to get mine this weekend.
Arrived at 8.30 at Alto Avellaneda shopping mall on saturday. At 10 they opened the doors of the mall, and there was a bunch of people waiting in a queue already. They give out 60 numbers per day, in 15 minutes increments. You must just return at your time slot, and everything gets taken care of in 10 minutes at the most. Its supposed to be delivered by mail in 2 weeks.
Mind that the place itself had signs that they weren't able to do "Extranjeros", I dont know what limitations there are.

BTW, you need to charge (credit or debit card) and cant pay cash. I got the new DNI (card+paper) plus passport (that lasts 10 years) and I paid around 265 bucks for everything. I believe that prices were supposed to be 315 but for some reason they weren't updated in their system, so they just charged 265.

There are a couple of this "quick documentation centers" around. They work saturday/sundays and even holidays. I was able to do everything just by showing up with a DNI, and so was my partner.

Guillo said:
I went to get mine this weekend.
Arrived at 8.30 at Alto Avellaneda shopping mall on saturday. At 10 they opened the doors of the mall, and there was a bunch of people waiting in a queue already. They give out 60 numbers per day, in 15 minutes increments. You must just return at your time slot, and everything gets taken care of in 10 minutes at the most. Its supposed to be delivered by mail in 2 weeks.
Mind that the place itself had signs that they weren't able to do "Extranjeros", I dont know what limitations there are.

BTW, you need to charge (credit or debit card) and cant pay cash. I got the new DNI (card+paper) plus passport (that lasts 10 years) and I paid around 265 bucks for everything. I believe that prices were supposed to be 315 but for some reason they weren't updated in their system, so they just charged 265.

There are a couple of this "quick documentation centers" around. They work saturday/sundays and even holidays. I was able to do everything just by showing up with a DNI, and so was my partner.

I not sure if I can take a newborn and wait in a line for that long. I probably will have to make the appointment on the telephone. Do you know of a map, site, where all the centers are located? And,..I'm confused, does everyone (my two year old,) have to get the new passports if they still have the old one?
Thanks for your information.

You can get an orientation contacting www.nuevodni.gov.ar/, which also provides a call free phone number. You might also ask about a new born, first DNI, and passports situations.

Traditionally passports were given by Policia Federal, but last week the Municipalidad de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires started to provide passports at its CGPs (Centros de Gestion y Participacion).

As a last resource, you may call the Municipalidad main line for orientation, which is 147.

hi
i don't know about new born babies
i went on the first day they were available almost 2 weeks ago on wednesday at the main office on humberto 1o in cap.called for the appt; inside it took about 45 mins still waiting for the passport to arrive
i was rather impressed i paid cash $130pesos. suerte

The DNI's main office is located at Avenida Paseo Colon 1093, corner of Humberto Io (pronounced primo)..

Back