The Pope Buys A Renault 4L From The 70's

You obviously haven't been paying attention.

I know lots of people (not from Argentina) who are NOT Catholic, but who really like this pope.

His relative personal likeability, compared to the previous thug, doesn't change the fact that he heads an international criminal organization that covers up child abuse and moves the abusers beyond the reach of justice.

His relative personal likeability, compared to the previous thug, doesn't change the fact that he heads an international criminal organization that covers up child abuse and moves the abusers beyond the reach of justice.

I signed up with the Flying Spagetti Monster a long time ago.
I agree with you, in the macro sense.
But I still like the fact that this guy is at least not an ex-Nazi like the last one.
Small steps, but steps nonetheless.

So you're willing to give child abusers a pass, then?

I don't think you are able to discuss this rationally, you are extremely opinionated and a little to pleased to be given a platform to air your views.

If you look at my previous posts I have mentioned serious misgivings about how the catholic church handled scandals, especially in Ireland.

I am not Catholic, nor have I ever been. I see the current pope as a reformer and I respect the efforts he is making to clean up the Church, he won't go as far as i would like but I respect his efforts.

Shouting abuse from the sidelines isn't for me, you knock yourself out though, I imagine the impact will be truly global.

Lets just hope he doesnt abuse the Renault. There arent that many of em left.

Back