The ubiquitous garantia

sketchyblueeyes

Registered
hey all

I know some might get a little irritated because this is a subject thats been beaten to death, but i promise i've gone through old threads and haven't found the exact answer to this question.

I'm about to sign my lease. I have a garantia. What I am a little lost on, and what my realtor has not clarified to me, is what she needs for the garantia. Does she need some form? A copy of the deed? Address and contact info? The garantia to show up and say hello and drink a beer with her?

I know this sounds a little moronic, but if someone could shed some light i'd really appreciate it.

Usually, its a copy of the deed that's checked against the property registar to verify its not a "Bien de Familia" or something fishy.

Who is the "she" you refer to all the time? The garantia or the realtor?

For my understanding the prospect tenant brings a photocopy of the garantia to the realtor, who checks that everything is Ok. Then the info of the garantia is included in the lease. The lease will also include the current address of the person who gives you the garantia.

The law says that the signature of the lease has to be simultaneous, which means 3 of you have to show up and sign the lease at the same time. Each one will take home a copy of the lease with the 3 signatures. The owner has few days to do some paperwork to be protected by the law in case you do not pay your lease. Many times the signature is not simultaneous. I think you have the right to ask for a copy of the lease before you sign and read it throughfully and/or take it to a lawyer for review.

The "she" is the realtor.

What I am asking is a photocopy of what. Is it the property deed, or some other form?

The realtor knows what she wants and need. It is her business!!!.

You need to give to the realtor a copy of the property deed. She has to verify that there are not legal inhibitions on the garantia, and that the garantia is not a bien de familia (family asset, which is forbidden to be accepted as a garantia)

She will also double check that the garantía wasn´t bought. One of the reports they ask show how many reports have been asked about this property. Regards

Thanks for the guidance - i'll have the garantia fax over a copy of the deed today. Thanks for the help and guidance!

Roxana said:
The realtor knows what she wants and need. It is her business!!!.

Roxana, i don't understand why its necessary to be so hostile about this. I like the realtor- she's great and has been SO nice to me even though i'm a foreigner. I also like my garantia, he came with me to check out the apartment and has met the realtor in person. This attitude is not called for. I was just asking a simple question.

I have lived in Buenos Aires for over five years now and have never gone the garantia route. So, it can be done. I lived in the same apartment in San Telmo for about three years. I found it on Craigslist, owners from the USA-no garantia. I'm living now in Recoleta, nice place, renting from a local, who used to live in the states-no garantia. It takes beating the bushes a bit, walking away sometimes, but at least in my case, the garantia, or lack of one, has never been an issue.

Contacts help a lot. Some homeowners will trust past tenants recommendations and advance payments to decrease their risk. But the decision its always up to the owner of the apartment and the risk they are willing to take.

Back