Where to find unfurnished rentals without recibo de sueldo or garantía?

HectorH

Registered
Like many here my earnings aren't mostly deposited in Argentina so recibo de sueldo is out and I don't own property so no garantía.
It seems all inmobiliarias require these and they have all of the best apartments

Most viable alternative is Temporary Rental Contract (3 months). In dollars or peso equivalent. Or book in Airbnb and later work out a deal directly with the owner.

When we were looking recently, some places offered that we could buy garantía insurance since we're in a similar boat (foreign income, no local fam., no property). It's not cheap, and on top of the fee they'll hold like six months of rent until the end of your contract, but it might be an option.

An owner would have to be totally crazy to do a long term lease to someone without a guarantor. The whacky laws here are such that you could stay in it and stop paying and it would take them a long time to go through the court system to get you out. Just go through one of the agencies or rent on Airbnb. I know the rate will be higher but I doubt any owner would want to do a long term rent without asking you to pre-pay.

I've done a long term 1 year lease on a few of my properties to foreigner but I had them pre-pay the entire lease up front which they did.

Heck, even if you own your own property, they do NOT let you use your own properties. I'm not sure why this is. When I was leasing my office space I couldn't even use my own properties. I owned many apartments in Buenos Aires but they made me ask one of my friends.

Purchasing a Garantia insurance requires DNI and proven local income.
Yes, this was my experience not long ago too. I had a guy coming here for work and he was trying to get one of these policies but he said he couldn't due to these type of requirements. In the end, his company ended up pre-paying the entire lease up front in lieu of a guarantor.

In Argentina cash talks and BS walks...... The laws are too screwed up here.

Back