The USA Team at the Qatar, FIFA Soccer World Cup 2022

Rich One

Registered
No comments or opinions on the performance of the USA Soccer Team in Doha.?. The USA team has come a long way from the last FIFA World Cup (USA team wasn't in Rusia ?) and did great .

Two outsider comments:
  1. The USA Team Coach Berhalter has a limited international experience ?
  2. Studying the roster of the 26 players that went to Doha , only 3 seem to be of Hispanic origin ? Presumably in the 62 million citizens of Hispanic descent in USA, that have a longtime soccer tradition there are potential Messi's ? Just consider the 15 million Hispanics in California.? Any plausible explanation ?

However, the article below mentions that half of players are of color?
Australia selects players from communities in Australia, that have a longer term Soccer tradition i.e. Italians, Greek, Slavic, Balkans.

The 26 Americans playing in the World Cup​

The 26 names called out in Brooklyn a few minutes later, who will represent the U.S. in Qatar, proved Burak’s point. Though this American team may not have enough firepower to bring home a World Cup trophy against the likes of traditional powers France, Germany, Brazil, and Argentina, it’s an American squad unlike any other. The U.S. players own stellar resumes, as they suit up for iconic clubs like Chelsea, AC Milan, Arsenal, and Juventus. The team neatly reflects the nation it represents, as its more diverse and multicultural than ever. Roughly half the roster consists of players of color.

it was nice to advance to the knockout stage, but the team just doesn't have enough firepower. you need more than one threat (pulisic) to really have a chance. and we didn't play well on defense against the dutch unfortunately

Regarding “Hispanics” and football. Mexico is not really a great footballing nation for whatever reason. Best world cup finish is quarter finals and never won a Copa America.

England plays France this Saturday at 4PM. Should be a good one.
Both are former champions. France being the last one to win it all.
I'm going with France on this one.

Regarding “Hispanics” and football. Mexico is not really a great footballing nation for whatever reason. Best world cup finish is quarter finals and never won a Copa America.
They love football in Mexico but yeah, not a great history in the World Cup.

Not only is Mexico not a football power, the Cuban / DR / Venezuelan diaspora on the other coast is more concerned with baseball, unfortunately, so they all contribute little or nothing to US football culture. And yes, France are looking good, I still want Argentina to win :)

England plays France this Saturday at 4PM. Should be a good one.
Both are former champions. France being the last one to win it all.
I'm going with France on this one.
My heart says England, my brain says France. Though still optimistically hoping for an Argentina vs England final

The 62 MM Hispanics I was referring to are those PR, Cuban, Central and South Americans plus Mexicans perhaps Born in the USA, American fed, and with all the facilities to practice soccer as early as elementary school.
Perhaps in some way this may be related to the soccer performance of the Mexican natonal team?
The Inter soccer team in Miami has many Hispanics, as a matter of fact is rumored that Messi will transfer to play in Miami, where he owns a multi million dollar mansion?

Back