Theatre - In English

rpkerston

Registered
“Can you tell me who you are?”
“What? Who am I? I am myself.”
“And if I were to tell you that that isn't true?”
“I should say you were mad.”

We love analysing and examining behaviour and complaining about actions we find inappropriate – be they by our family, friends, people at work. And these examinations and complaints, on one hand tragic and on the other comically ironic, have been turned into a great 3-act play by Luigi Pirandello: His classic 1921 play SIX CHARACTERS IN SEARCH OF AN AUTHOR (Seis personajes en busca de autor) has a contemporary ring, and continues to resonate.

Six members of a split dysfunctional family burst into a theatre, interrupt a rehearsal and demand of the actors and director that their story be told. They need an author, because the creator of their characters has abandoned them. Mother is frustrated, caught up between two past partners and her children. Traumatized by past events, her oldest son is resentful and her two youngest sons won’t speak, her daughter hates the Father for things he’s done, and the Father tells his own version of the ...facts? Oh, yes, and there’s also a “Madame”! The actors and their director agree to help with all of this, and so begins a tale that examines love, hate, life, death, abandonment, how people are judged (and when) plus other traits of human nature, in addition to examining just how fine the line is between actors and the characters they portray.

From Friday June 23rd to Sunday July 9th, 2017

Fridays at 9:30 pm / Saturdays at 9:00 pm / Sundays at 5 pm
at The Playhouse - Moreno 80 , San Isidro

For info and reservations: 4747-4470
Further info, write: [email protected] or visit www.thesuburbanplayers.com

We are the longest running English-speaking amateur theatrical club in Argentina.

‘rpkerston’ uses the performance name ‘Heller’​

Back