Theoretical, Hypothetical Sauna Question

MorganF

Registered
So, I have a very hypothetical question. This question has no connection to reality.

Lets say, hypothetically, you live in Buenos Aires. And you happen to be in Vegas for a few days having a ton of meetings. And you happen to go -- for the first time in your life -- to a sauna. And -- hypothetically -- lets say you enjoyed that experience, and you want to go back to one, in Buenos Aires. And lets say you recently heard a podcast, all about the amazing health benefits of saunas.

Then, lets say, in this theoretical example, you google "sauna buenos aires" and it turns out that 100% of the results are for saunas that are... well.... oriented towards, well, people who are romantically attracted to people who identify as the same gender they identify as. And lets say, you are not romantically interested in people who identify in your same gender, and prefer members of the opposite sex -- but your experience in the sauna is purely experiential, and has zero pick-up intensions whatsoever, and in fact, you just enjoy the tranquility of being surrounded by steam. To be clear, lets say this hypothetical person supports people of the same gender hooking up with other people of the same gender, you just have a personal preference for not being naked in a sauna which is oriented around that, but for people who prefer saunas like that, you fully support their right to do so.

So then, in this theoretical case, you wouldn't know where to find such a (non-same-gender-oriented) sauna in Buenos Aires. But you would be curious. So you would post to BAExpats, to ask if there are any leads.

My question for everyone is: in this very theoretical case -- is there a sauna which you would recommend? Ideally close to a neighborhood that may or may not exist, called "Nuñez."

I want to repeat, this has no connection to reality at all. This is purely a mental exercise.

And if anyone reading this happens to know any of my loved ones (hint hint, you know who you are) , don't tell them -- because they'll think that this person is completely degenerate and be very jealous :) Obrigado!!!!!!

Clarification: I'm posting the above on behalf of a friend. I mean, a friend of a friend. Actually, a friend of a friend of a friend. Yeah, that's it. Yes, yes. Exactly.

morgan

Where there are Jews, there's probably a schvitz. Call a synagogue. Or maybe have your friend call one.

"Home" hotel on Honduras between Caranza and Ravigniani in Palermo Hollywood has a small sauna for the guest of the hotel. Maybe with an extra fee it is available for non hotel guests.
The big hotel chains in down town and recoleta area also have saunas,
Although I have never been there I am sure the massive "Megathlon" in Nunez with the pool has a sauna.

Hotel Castelar has a spa. I assume a sauna. It is a very traditional place.

Find Swedes or Russians or places where they meet. There will always be a sauna nearby, or they will create one. I saw 6 Russians build a functional sauna inside a large tent at 5200m at BC Everest, using wireframe, rocks and gasheaters.

If your friend goes around asking for a sauna, he will be directed mostly to places where mostly homosexual males go or cheap brothels / massage with happy ending places for straight oriented males. Instead you want to ask around for a spa / health club with sauna seco, ducha escosesa, etc. Hope your friend takes this advice ;)

So, I have a very hypothetical question. This question has no connection to reality.

Lets say, hypothetically, you live in Buenos Aires. And you happen to be in Vegas for a few days having a ton of meetings. And you happen to go -- for the first time in your life -- to a sauna. And -- hypothetically -- lets say you enjoyed that experience, and you want to go back to one, in Buenos Aires. And lets say you recently heard a podcast, all about the amazing health benefits of saunas.

Then, lets say, in this theoretical example, you google "sauna buenos aires" and it turns out that 100% of the results are for saunas that are... well.... oriented towards, well, people who are romantically attracted to people who identify as the same gender they identify as. And lets say, you are not romantically interested in people who identify in your same gender, and prefer members of the opposite sex -- but your experience in the sauna is purely experiential, and has zero pick-up intensions whatsoever, and in fact, you just enjoy the tranquility of being surrounded by steam. To be clear, lets say this hypothetical person supports people of the same gender hooking up with other people of the same gender, you just have a personal preference for not being naked in a sauna which is oriented around that, but for people who prefer saunas like that, you fully support their right to do so.

So then, in this theoretical case, you wouldn't know where to find such a (non-same-gender-oriented) sauna in Buenos Aires. But you would be curious. So you would post to BAExpats, to ask if there are any leads.

My question for everyone is: in this very theoretical case -- is there a sauna which you would recommend? Ideally close to a neighborhood that may or may not exist, called "Nuñez."

I want to repeat, this has no connection to reality at all. This is purely a mental exercise.

And if anyone reading this happens to know any of my loved ones (hint hint, you know who you are) , don't tell them -- because they'll think that this person is completely degenerate and be very jealous :) Obrigado!!!!!!

Clarification: I'm posting the above on behalf of a friend. I mean, a friend of a friend. Actually, a friend of a friend of a friend. Yeah, that's it. Yes, yes. Exactly.

morgan

Very well written funny posting jejejej. Asking for a str8 sauna !!! if such a thing existed, where they deny entry to gays... :cool: Nikad is correct.

Colmegna Spa Urbano.....Sarmiento 839....for men and women
http://www.colmegna.com.ar/

This is a very old, traditional place where mostly older men sit around in a steam room playing dominoes. There is a cold water pool. Sort of Roman style architecture. I think there is also a sauna. I went there a couple of years ago. Not overly impressed with hygiene. Five star hotels will have fitness centers with saunas. Some may have day passes or memberships at high prices. You might also look at the Hotel Republica near the obelisk. It was a traditional place, formerly men only but someone said it is co-ed now. It may have declined. Not sure.

Even hotels have turkish baths, they sucks. They are not hot enough.

Use that word, baños turcos, sauna means brothel.
At Colmegna everything works.
Just go early and the place is clean.
There is massage without happy ending.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Montauk_Project Expat Life 9
R Expat Life 21
Back