They Let Me In! - Trip Back Report

lucha54

Registered
Hey Friends and Forum Peeps!!

I arrived last night into Ezeiza from Miami. Loved taking the morning flight from Miami because I didn't arrive totally strung out like usual and also because there were no other planes here when we landed! I highly recommend the morning flight even though you will probably be awake for the entire 9 hours. (window seat daytime view was splendid too).

I don't know if it was the weather or what, but we arrived nearly 30 minutes early. I rushed out to the extranjeros line and had to wait maybe 5 minutes. I was nervous because I've been coming for 3+ years and just got my second overstay stamp the last time I left.
Here's how the conversation went down with the friendly immigrations lady (we were speaking in Spanish).

Her: You're coming as a tourist?
Me: Mmm, yes.
Her: How long do you plan to stay?
[I decided to go the semi-honest route at this point, as I'm starting my citizenship process next month]
Me: Well, I'm going to start the residency process because I'm living here with my boyfriend.
Her: OK, sure. [Looking through my passport briefly, then looks up at me]; you don't have anything started yet, do you?
Me: No no, I only just got my apostilled birth certificate and have it with me.
Her: OK, sure great.
Thumbprint, photo, See ya!!! YAY I'm in.

Then in less than 5 minutes wait at the carousel I got my two 23kilo each bags full of goodies from Costco and Target :D
and went to customs. Now, I was bringing some seeds of crazy veggies that I bought it a garden store and was worried about that.
My boyfriend told me to just put them in my pocket before going through but again I decided to take the honest route and I thought worst case scenario, they will get confiscated. So I declared them on the form.

There was no line at the scanner thing! Seriously - nighttime arrival is great! At the last minute, I decided to put the form in my back pocket and wait until someone asked me for it. Nobody ever did. I put my bags on the scanner and the lady who was supposed to be watching the x-rays literally looked away and started talking to the other customs lady right as my bags were going through. She didn't even look back at me, so I collected my bags and left.

In the past, the customs people have looked closely but I've never had any problems. When I came with a bunch of foodstuffs once, they just asked (seeing them on the screen), "what is in the jars?" and I told them it was just processed foods like peanut butter and tahini, nothing fresh or raw. And they didn't say anything else about it.

But last night takes the prize for easiest Ezeiza experience ever. :D Hope to see some of you soon!!!

Welcome back Lucha. I arrived last week on the night flight from Atlanta. Had my dog with me and two loaded bags full of food plus electronics that friends had asked me to deliver (but made them look like they were used and mine)!After stopping at SENASA all was a breeze. The last time they questioned me a lot at the scanners, because they thought I had come on the flight from Miami and they are suspicious more of that flight then the one from Atlanta.They waved me to a special line for the scanners after SENASA and it seemed no one was watching or even there. I breezed through without anyone ever taking my customs form and that was the very un harrowing tranqui experience I had leaving Ezieza. . Ya never know.Such is La Argentina,

Bajo_cero2 said:

Is there a match?.?.?...
#################################

It's a free country, even for Argentina.

I came in a couple of weeks ago through Sao Paolo and they didn't even give out the customs form on the flight! Same experience breezing through customs with bags full of Christmas presents and electronics.

"There was no line at the scanner thing!.........." Scanner thing"???? I guess you flew on the "Air Thing" too????

"There was no line at the scanner thing!.........." Scanner thing"???? I guess you flew on the "Air Thing" too????

LOL I meant to say the customs line but that seemed too official for the experience.

Lacoqueta - my boyfriend came in last week on the Atlanta flight. He had my old guitar on his back in a backpack guitar case and they said, "Do you have a receipt for this? If we open the case, are you sure there won't be any tags?" They even asked him to empty his pockets and they found his phone from work (a new Samsung Galaxy S5- the company upgraded them before Xmas) and they said "A-ha!" and he said sorry guys, this is my work phone. He really wanted to bring back a new iPhone to sell and I urged him not too... glad for that!

Back