They Let Me In! - Trip Back Report

In case any new members are reading this thread and wondering what's the big deal or why bajo_cero2 would caution others to "never come back on weekends or summer vacation of Court" this thread will provide additional info:

I Was Denied Entry At Ezeiza

I can't speak for the immigration rules since I have a DNI but I came back a week ago with a LOT of luggage and also had my usual smooth experience through customs. 5 years of coming and going 2 to 3 times a year and they have still never taken my filled out customs form. Perhaps it helps that I look extremely yanqui and always walk straight up to the customs officer and look in the eye with a bright smiley GOOD MORNING! They either smile back or react like "oh I can't be bothered with this boluda tourist" and always wave me through.

This time I was a bit nervous since we took the AA Miami flight and that I was with my husband (I usually try to fly via Dallas since aside from it being easier for me location wise, they seem to focus more on the Miami flights for "contraband"), so we pretended to not know each other in the customs line and went through separate (me with all the goodies, him with his boring clothes filled suitcase) and neither had any problem. Maybe it was stupid and unnecessary but no chances taken!

Ditto for us. When we came back in last week, the customs people basically ignored us. We weren't carrying anything interesting and my husband is Argentine, so we entered in full Spanish. But we hardly had a chance to say "buen dia" before they turned away and went back to chatting with each other. Do you suppose there is an unannounced strike? Or is it just summer and the jefes are all in Punta del Este? When the cat's away...?

We were on the United flight from Houston that arrived just about the same time as an American one from Miami. They might have asked us what flight we were on but I don't remember for sure. They certainly didn't stick around long enough to ask for documentation.

Welcome back, Lucha! I came in Friday on the day flight from Miami. I love that day flight! I was asked about my last long stay, showed my DNI, no sweat. Customs: The people before the people before me were being checked pretty thoroughly. I kept my US passport out and a look of confusion, and they loaded my bags for me on the scanner, put my form in the box and told me to pick up my bags on the other side. He didn't look at the screen. Easy breezy.

I flew in the morning of Dec. 26 on the LAN flight from Miami, complete with work computer, iPad, iPhone (work one) an older iPhone (sold it to my sister in law) and a brand new iphone 6, still in the box. Aduana scanned my bags, but waved me right through, no questions.

Welcome back, glad to hear no issues! As per most we have generally only experienced customs agents not taking the forms or looking at the bags, they did ask us where were coming in from once, when we said Santiago they resumed their personal conversation and paid us no more attention.

Back