This is just not right! Cristina to turn foreign pensions into pesos!

As someone who has not been in Argentina for a long time, I sort of understand their new rules. In Brazil, it is illegal to have an account in dollars. In Argentina, we used to have that benefit because of the Menem 1USD=1ARG so you could pay in pesos or dollars virtually anywhere, but most countries want people to use their currency, which is only logical. Argentina has always used pensioners to steal, it´s an easy target, but forcing people to finally use the national currency is logical to me. I am seriously sick of seeing properties advertised in dollars. This is Argentina! I want to know how many pesos things cost, not how many dollars!

Hahahaha

Adriana from the Economist Intelligence Unit replies: basically the EIU is here to sell information and it doesnt matter whether its reliable or not and no we dont take any notice of what The Economist says!!

So yes I'm sooo naive!!!

Dear Philip

I am sorry to hear you are confused with our answer.

The Economist and the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) are two separate businesses, the Economist Intelligence Unit is a sister organisation to The Economist newspaper. If you have a query regarding your Economist subscription or content please contact them directly at http://www.economist.com/contact-info .

Regarding your EIU editorial query we already sent you the answer: "All forecasts are based on official source data".

In our subscription services and reports we go into considerable detail on doubts over accuracy of official data. As I am having difficulty locating your current subscription with the EIU, could you please advise the following?

1) Do you receive the report in printed format or electronically?
2) If you receive a print copy is it addressed to you or someone else?
3) If you login to our web site please tell me the username you are using
4) Can you send the order number for the purchase of our Country Report Argentina?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Adriana

Now I feel the need to pen an old fashioned "letter to The Editor", The Economist - or maybe better to Twitter?

cipriana said:
This is Argentina! I want to know how many pesos things cost, not how many dollars!

Calculators are still commonly available in Argentina, and fairly easy to use !

Back