Thoughts After Finally Throwing In The Towel And Leaving Ba

Mano Negra - Wow - if you're paying 5-8K for shipping to the UK, please let me know what shipping company you're using. The best I have gotten is 9K for my clients to the US and Europe is usually more.

Lostinba - sorry to hear you had such an awful ending to your time here. Enjoy the next stage and when you find the bitterness has worn off, come back down for a visit. As always, it's a great place to visit, even if not to live.

Why would it cost that much to transport an animal? I'm completely lost on that one! As you can tell, I'm a novice.

Mano Negra - Wow - if you're paying 5-8K for shipping to the UK, please let me know what shipping company you're using. The best I have gotten is 9K for my clients to the US and Europe is usually more.
Hi Citygirl, I used to use Argentrade but I haven't taken a horse back to the UK for 6 years as I don't live there anymore. I suspect we managed to get it cheaper as there was always a big bunch of polo players moving a lot of horses at the same time. However I have to go and commentate at a match today, so will ask about current prices and let you know.

I left BA a few months ago in a chain of events that saw me be ripped off by my landlord, by the taxi driver that carried me to the airport, by the government with their 20% travel surcharge on tickets and luggage fees, by the airline with luggage fees, by SENASA, by the central bank who refused to exchange my pesos for dollars at any rate at the airport. In the airport, for the first time, a policeman invited me to give him a bribe in order to allow me to bring my dog for which I already had written permission. Fees here, bribes there, argentines everywhere.

I had sold off and given away my things for peanuts to make my escape as lightweight, quick and painless as possible. The best plans of mice and men are beset on all sides by Cristina's minions.

Remember the movie "Escape from New York"? Like that except Argentines are less polite...

Sooooo...why do I miss so many things about BA? It's like being in an abusive relationship with beautiful partner suffering from an unmedicated bipolar disorder. When it's good, it's great...otherwise, hide the knives.

All in all, I've found that people are far more genuine, kinder and prices are definitely more reasonable in the real world. Life is a far more pleasant away from the money controls, constant strikes and currupt politicians and union leaders that frankly, should be shot. Buenos Aires, nice for a visit. Wouldn't want to live and work there.

Helpful advice with those with pets:
P.S. It could've been worse I suppose...Argie custom agents wanted $3200-3600 USD (not including pick up or travel kennel) to transport my pooch to Montreal (one way!). Everyone said it was mandatory to use them...what a scam. If anyone needs to carry your dog, get a doctor or shrink to give you an "emotional support animal" letter. Pooch/cat flies free at your feet on the plane.

Why leave with such an attitude ! As in the USA is the land of milk and honey . Many people from here have horror stories of our treatment in your country and the lack of respect given to latin americans . We even have to pay for a visa application just to have the right to visit your country !

Why leave with such an attitude ! As in the USA is the land of milk and honey . Many people from here have horror stories of our treatment in your country and the lack of respect given to latin americans . We even have to pay for a visa application just to have the right to visit your country !

So the sophisticated Sami thinks that Montreal is part of the USA. Tell it to the Quebecois, then!

So the sophisticated Sami thinks that Montreal is part of the USA. Tell it to the Quebecois, then!

You are obsessed with me no ! You need to be writing more of your boring books you have too much time on your hands !

Back