Thoughts on Bolivia? anyone?

canut

Registered
Intrested in knowing anyone whos´s been to Bolivia´s impressions. Is there a catch to its low prices, anything to watch out for?

Loved Bolivia. I only visited La Paz and Rurrenabaque (the Pampas tour was AMAZING), but I plan on going back to visit Sucre and I few other cities within the country. Although La Paz is dirty, I fell in love with the grit of the city and really enjoyed it...and its prices, of course. $2.50 USD for a 3 course lunch w/ jugo to boot...

Bolivia is beautiful and cheap. Mind you, it can be dirty and more disorganized than Argentina.
People are very friendly and they speak Spanish very slowly (that sounds enticing, doesn't it?). I loved some of their food and drinks and the fact that I was tall amongst them!! hahaha (I'm only about 5'3!!!). If you travel through South America, Bolivia is a MUST :)

Bolivia really is fantastic. Get out of the cities (although Sucre is gorgeous, and La Paz has its charms) and if you can get off the well beaten tourist track for a bit. Bolivians are great people on the whole and speak clear Spanish. One of the best South American countries to travel. Plus, it's dirt cheap. It is what I thought South America looked like when I was ten years old.

sounds cool...must check it out on my border hop

anyone else wanna move there with me
i have some USS money to spend
we ll make a hipie combina, comunista che style

While travelling on a bus to La Paz a short fat local wamon with a 2 year old child got onto the bus and sat beside me, where she proceeded to undo here shirt and expose here rather large breasts for the child to feed, and then she promptly went to sleep for the rest of the ride - 4 hours.
So i sat there and played with the child who would every so often have a suck and sleep for a while too..

Only regret is i had no one i could ask to take a picture..

Back