Thoughts on Córdoba????

Never been, however a cousin of my wife is a lecturer at the University there. She has asked me to make a short video to wish the students there a happy cultural diversity day...making it this afternoon.
According to Anita it's a great place to be and live.

We've only been to Cordoba for long weekends, not the same as living there obviously. I didn't particularly like the centre, too much traffic, too much noise, too frantic. There are nice areas, I guess we could live there just like an expat colleague has done for the last 5 years. The big attraction seems to be the hills, lakes, and rivers outside the city, the cordobeses I've met say their dream is to have a home in the hills with a pool, and it seems like a lot of them have achieved that.

We've only been to Cordoba for long weekends, not the same as living there obviously. I didn't particularly like the centre, too much traffic, too much noise, too frantic. There are nice areas, I guess we could live there just like an expat colleague has done for the last 5 years. The big attraction seems to be the hills, lakes, and rivers outside the city, the cordobeses I've met say their dream is to have a home in the hills with a pool, and it seems like a lot of them have achieved that.

Thanks for your input, outside the city sounds pretty cool. I’m likely staying in BA but have looked into something similar, maybe a week or two in a smaller city like Cordoba or Mendoza

The fact is that mostly ( 99%) contributions here are from members who are from USA, Canada, England, Ireland and few other Western EU countries or Aus/ NZ. I am from a country which is 100 times poorer than Argentina. Then, there are some members here who are born and brought up in CABA. We all have such different past life experiences, different challenges, different childhoods, different economies where we have grown into adults, different local crime situations we saw in the past, in our own backyards. And add to that - their present age, their gender, their economic status, the kind of books they read /or don't read at all, the kind of people who surround them on present day ( They say, you are the combination of 5 closest people to you), hobbies they have, their command over Argentina Spanish and slang. So its very obvious - when someone asks a question - its highly likes my point of view or response will be very different from another person and there is no need to dwell much upon why is it so - as explained above.

Then Ceviche encouraged MV to consider Salta and Jujuy as well as do his own research. QUITE CONFUSING if you ask me!

Simply offered him a better alternative ( from my perspective) along with a safe DYOR addendum. Nothing confusing about it.

Simply offered him a better alternative ( from my perspective) along with a safe DYOR addendum. Nothing confusing about it.

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Ceviche, I COMPLETELY UNDERSTOOD YOU!

I was referring to the go around with respect to MV's thought process, as in getting dizzy from everything that was coming his way.

You made perfect sense and I had no problem what so ever understanding what you meant and tried to show.

I should have been more clear with what I meant now that I re read my post. HECK it is even confusing to me now!

(I'll have to work on that - apologies to everyone.)

Last edited:
The fact is that mostly ( 99%) contributions here are from members who are from USA, Canada, England, Ireland and few other Western EU countries or Aus/ NZ. I am from a country which is 100 times poorer than Argentina. Then, there are some members here who are born and brought up in CABA. We all have such different past life experiences, different challenges, different childhoods, different economies where we have grown intyo adults, different local crime situations we saw in the past, in our own backyards. And add to that - their present age, their gender, their economic status, the kind of books they read /or don't read at all, the kind of people who surround them on present day ( They say, you are the combination of 5 closest people to you), hobbies they have, their command over Argentina Spanish and slang. So its very obvious - when someone asks a question - its highly likes my point of view or response will be very different from another person and there is no need to dwell much upon why is it so - as explained above.

Ceviche, this is your most brilliant piece of Prose to date...!! Your muse must have inspired you correctly on that moment..! Hallelujah.
I also wondered when one address such a varied Audience, the whole spectrum..! From the occasional reader sitting in Seattle asking for an opinion to the permanent resident/citizen with family and properties in Argentina.
Can't find a middle point that will agree with most readers..?

Can't find a middle point that will agree with most readers..?

A middle point agreeable to most readers would likely be uninspiring and ..... bleh....! Better have unvarnished, opinionated, and frank contributions from our mixed bag of posters. That's likely to stimulate discussion, and self-analysis.

To be shaken out of complacency is healthy, and promotes growth.

Ceviche, this is your most brilliant piece of Prose to date...!

Thanks, Rich One. I have made many brilliant posts before as well but you failed to see the brillance in them, cos we both come from 2 different planets, and have very different pasts and perspectives until our life paths, collided here in CABA.

Last edited:
Thanks, Rich One. I have made many brilliant posts before as well but you failed to see the brillance in them, cos we both come from 2 different planets, and have very different pasts and perspectives until our life paths, collided here in CABA.

True... like ships crossing in the night... if you had that experience..!

Back