Tips For Bringing Our Dog To Ba

For the record, Lufthansa is the only one I found that allows me to flight with my cat in cabin from Italy. They charge 100 USD and accept our soft carrier (SturdiBag) and similars.

We brought our standard poodle there on Delta and home on LAN. No problems at all. Just had to get a rabies certificate and health certificate before traveling each way. Went through the Senasa counter on the way in, which was no issue at all. Getting the paperwork to leave BA was a little harder, but still not a problem. Both airlines were great. Only issue was her crate was crazy huge, but luckily I had made them note the size in my confirmed reservation so they had no choice but to accept it. She was freaked out for about 10 minutes after we picked her up, but did super well in both directions.
Not very many true Standards in BA. We have 2. If your gal has good paper you can breed her. [oh yeah, both guys traveled by plane and they are big boys] One Red one Black

Wrong airline! Try United or Delta. I've brought my Pomeranian with me under the seat back and forth almost every year. Delta is especially good for traveling with animals and even have a check in counter designated for people traveling with pets at the Atlanta airport. Saved me waiting on the longer normal line! More difficult to take your pet out of Argentina then bring it in in my experience. Never got asked for paperwork entering the US and half the time nobody was at SENASA at the airport here to check when I arrived. But I almost missed a flight once leaving with foxy for the US because the security cop wanted a bribe. I played dumb, everyone behind me on line started to complain and we were let through. Most vets here offer to process and pick up your papers prior to departure for a fee. Last year it was 400 pesos. Has to be done within 10 days of departure. But I continue to be galled at the chutzpah of the airlines in that I am being charged $200 extra each way to give up one carry on and what little leg room I am entitled to! Be advised that some flights with connections don't accept pets under the seat I think because the connecting flights are too small to fit the animal under the seat! Good luck!

That photo doesn't look like a Pomeranian.

Good eye ajo...that photo was taken by my friend while I was holding her new Havanese pup...praying that my Foxy, the real Pomeranian, will never see it :)

Good eye ajo...that photo was taken by my friend while I was holding her new Havanese pup...praying that my Foxy, the real Pomeranian, will never see it :)

There's a website called "Dog Bite Law" that, among other things, tracks dog-related fatalities. Most of them, as you might guess, are pit bulls, but one was a Pomeranian that went ballistic on a crying infant.

Your point? So there's a demon Pom out there so we should all protect ourselves next time we see one?
FYI my Pom is a certified therapy dog and has a license that permits her to enter hospitals, nursing homes, schools etc. where she works sitting on patients beds or in their laps when they're in wheel chairs,so they can pet her and talk to her and have the pleasure of being loved by a certified safe animal.. She had to go through a lot of training and testing to get that certification. There are bad dogs like there are bad people, but probably less of the former than the latter. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to write about the positive contributions Pomeranians and other dogs make as therapy animals. That deserves citing. Not sensationalism of "baby killing" dogs.

Your point? So there's a demon Pom out there so we should all protect ourselves next time we see one?
FYI my Pom is a certified therapy dog and has a license that permits her to enter hospitals, nursing homes, schools etc. where she works sitting on patients beds or in their laps when they're in wheel chairs,so they can pet her and talk to her and have the pleasure of being loved by a certified safe animal.. She had to go through a lot of training and testing to get that certification. There are bad dogs like there are bad people, but probably less of the former than the latter. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to write about the positive contributions Pomeranians and other dogs make as therapy animals. That deserves citing. Not sensationalism of "baby killing" dogs.

No intention of defaming the breed - rather, it surprised me. I think it is true that we need to be circumspect about leaving any kind of dog with small children or infants without supervision. For what it's worth, my current malamute detests our postman and bit him seriously enough to be declared a "potentially dangerous dog," though everybody who knows him this he's the sweetest hound alive (there were extenuating circumstances).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jantango Expat Life 1
A Expat Life 7
F Expat Life 12
F Expat Life 9
jantango Expat Life 11
Back