Tips for getting settled in BA

That is good news. I don't want to lie awake in Buenos Aires as soon as I've arrived.

I will make a point of asking if decaf is available while making my appointed cafe rounds.

I ordered a decaf cappuccino this week for the first time in my life and had no trouble sleeping that night.

The thing to be aware of with decaf is that the chemicals used to remove the caffeine leave residues which are very bad for your health. The lone exception is the Swiss Water Process, but that uses huge amounts of water and is therefore quite expensive.

"The preferred solvents have become dichloromethane and ethyl acetate because of the numerous health scares when using solvents such as benzene, chloroform, and trichloroethylene."

The thing to be aware of with decaf is that the chemicals used to remove the caffeine leave residues which are very bad for your health. The lone exception is the Swiss Water Process, but that uses huge amounts of water and is therefore quite expensive.

"The preferred solvents have become dichloromethane and ethyl acetate because of the numerous health scares when using solvents such as benzene, chloroform, and trichloroethylene."
I've heard this before, but if I have arabica beans I never sleep a wink. Green tea stains my teeth and juices contain too much sugar. I don't have much of an alternative.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jantango Expat Life 1
A Expat Life 7
F Expat Life 12
F Expat Life 9
jantango Expat Life 11
Back