To get or renew your driver's license, you will have to complete courses on patriarchy, masculinity and gender.

How often do they do it? Once every 3 decades?
No, it's once a year, details here: https://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/tramites/vtv, the last digit of the numberplate determines the month the test should be done. It seemed fairly comprehensive, all the lights were checked, brakes, steering, they had a look underneath to see if anything was falling off I guess, tyre profile and emissions. All while you sit in the car and drive through. My car only got a conditional pass for 60 days, tyres (since replaced) and I think a lightbulb failed.

I feel your pain, I see some wrecks on the road but in general I think the cars aren't the problem, it's what's driving them. All the MoT / VTV testing in the world won't help when the pelotudo at the wheel departs from his double or triple parking space, car in 3rd gear, brain in neutral, and charges around the next corner, without indicating and certainly without looking at any point.

I think it's fine. While driving in the USA, I don't know how many times I was told to go wash dishes....

No, it's once a year, details here: https://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/tramites/vtv, the last digit of the numberplate determines the month the test should be done. It seemed fairly comprehensive, all the lights were checked, brakes, steering, they had a look underneath to see if anything was falling off I guess, tyre profile and emissions. All while you sit in the car and drive through. My car only got a conditional pass for 60 days, tyres (since replaced) and I think a lightbulb failed.

I feel your pain, I see some wrecks on the road but in general I think the cars aren't the problem, it's what's driving them. All the MoT / VTV testing in the world won't help when the pelotudo at the wheel departs from his double or triple parking space, car in 3rd gear, brain in neutral, and charges around the next corner, without indicating and certainly without looking at any point.

there is no way those old farm ford trucks i see driving around picking up trash or broken appliances have had anything resembling an inspection in 30 years. not to mention half of the camiones i see rumbling down paseo del bajo or around the port.

Argentine drivers are pretty polite in my honest opinion, basis my world wide travels.

To me it's not the drivers, other than them driving slow as hell on the roads. It's the state of many of the vehicles.

Argentine drivers are pretty polite in my honest opinion, basis my world wide travels.

That is setting the bar pretty low. Compared to most upper middle income countries, Argentine drivers are not particularly polite or rule abiding.

I would like to see something more related to driving and operating a motor vehicle such as maybe having to complete a course in first aid( in order to use your first aid kit you must have in your car ,by law)or learning and being able to deploy correctly a fire extinguisher(which you must also carry in your vehicle at all times , by law), even being able to change a flat would be more useful than any type of indoctrination about driving while male.

Back