to stay or keep traveling?

I'm a 50+ woman living here on my own since November and I'm trying to figure out how to stay on. But, I love this city, it's almost impossible to work, so much competition, although I do tutor a man in English for compentecy exam. You have to decide what you want to do. I'm not interested in traveling for the sake of it anymore. I love having a life in another country and language. I go to art classes and to Talk Time at La Biela on Wednesday evenings. I meet wonderful Portenos and ex pats. Really consider what you want and enjoy doing. BA is so supportive of expression!

Thanks, and yes we spent a month in Patagonia area and 3 weeks on an expedition to Malvinas {Falklands}, South Sandwich Isles, and Antartica. Now we are soaking up the warmth and energy here. If you know of a meet up for expats, let us in on it.

We've used Elance even from the states. Thanks for the reminder, but the trick here is getting the contacts into the industry.

Luisa: pls call me about the trip to see the carnival. Where do we have to meet? what time?pls call me 4687-1604 henry

Definitely : you should go on with your travel. If you ask this qustion, and if you uwant to meet pther expats..

you are from socal..... san diego guy here......
I should have had you bring some mexican food down for me...I would kill for 3 rolled tacos with guac. haha
well jobs are tough ...only thing I see is if you are a computer geek.. you have a good shot at working since the internet can be anyplace... but teaching or regular business jobs.. not going to happen... and you will be working for 4 dollars a hour or something...
BUT I agree with everyone else... live the dream keep traveling..... a day walking the park or sitting drinking a glass of vino watching people walk by is better than any day at work!!! This is the best time to find a job right after vacation..if you can find one!!!.... well good luck socal!!!! if you set up a meet-up tell us all!!!!!

argsteve said:
you are from socal..... san diego guy here......
I should have had you bring some mexican food down for me...I would kill for 3 rolled tacos with guac. haha
well jobs are tough ...only thing I see is if you are a computer geek.. you have a good shot at working since the internet can be anyplace... but teaching or regular business jobs.. not going to happen... and you will be working for 4 dollars a hour or something...
BUT I agree with everyone else... live the dream keep traveling..... a day walking the park or sitting drinking a glass of vino watching people walk by is better than any day at work!!! This is the best time to find a job right after vacation..if you can find one!!!.... well good luck socal!!!! if you set up a meet-up tell us all!!!!!
love to meet up with you and other's on this site. How do we set that up? Sounds like none of us are working so scheduling should be easy. We don't know the best central bar. Can you suggest a time and place?

Moonwitch said:
You visited the Falklands? What was it like?
It was 100% British in Stanley. The remote parts are inhabited by a few families of sheep ranches, co-sharing the land with 1000's of penguins and nesting sea birds such as pectorals and black browed albatros. We took great photos of babies on nests. There was no sign of Argentina culture there. The people there clearly want to be British, regardless of how close the islands are to Argentina.

Back