To wed or to wait (for work visa)

Considering marrying just for what is probably a somewhat low paying teaching job seems a little crazy to me. Were you thinking of marriage before? It is a serious thing anywhere but I think you should really consider if you want to enter into the system that deeply right away. Give it some time first. See if having a permanent relationship with Argentina is really what you want.

Bajo_cero2 said:
If you marry, you can apply about 2 weeks later when you have all your marriage papers done.

Student visa is the best way.

Marriage is a serious thing in this country.

Regards

^ are you talking citizenship here or residency?

jayjane said:
Considering marrying just for what is probably a somewhat low paying teaching job seems a little crazy to me. Were you thinking of marriage before? It is a serious thing anywhere but I think you should really consider if you want to enter into the system that deeply right away. Give it some time first. See if having a permanent relationship with Argentina is really what you want.

Don't worry jayjane, we'd planned on getting hitched before we came here, but hadn't decided where or when. This problem just accelerated our decision-making process.

Having contacted the NZ and Japanese Embassy, it seems as if it can't be done before January. Just waiting for the school's decision on the best way forward. But at least the ball's in motion. Thanks everyone for your help.

I lived in Spain before moving to Argentina, but Spain refused to give me police records. I therefore only gave my UK police record to the Immigration authorities and they never knew I had lived in Spain. So I would recommend that you only bother getting records from your native country, unless you specifically need to tell them you lived in a third country. If they dont ask dont bother telling them, it will only make more problems.

Back