Tokyo Vs. Buenos Aires

You can replace Tokyo with thousands of other cities that are cheaper than Buenos Aires. Many of which even use English as their first language, have annual inflation around 1-2% and are corruption free. Makes you wonder why the heck we're wasting our time here. :D

As suggested a week ago in another thread, i could move to a small city or town in the USA where potatoes and eggs are cheaper than where I live in Argentina (obviously not LA or NYC), but would I be able to own 2.5 acres of land with 2500 sq. ft. of construction (one house and one outbuilding) and pay less than one hundred dollars a year in property taxes, pay less than twenty dollars a month for electricity, less than thirty dollars a month for fast and unlimited internet service, less than forty dollars a month for car insurance, and never have to deal with any corruption?

The fact that none of my friends, neighbors, or almost anyone I interact with here speak English is of little consequence. I intentionally moved to a country whose official language is Spanish. Learning to communicate with the natives has been enjoyable as well as advantageous, especially when it comes to communicating with my medico and/or my mecanico. Argentina may actually be the one country in South America where it isn't (at least occasionally) a disadvantage to be Caucasian. Another pleasant advantage is seeing a lot of slender women wearing spandex when I go grocery shopping in Argentina (as opposed to hordes of not-so-slender women wearing sweats in the USA).
emo32.gif

Numbeo.com will enable you to compare the cost of living between different cities of the World.
Generally, it costs more to live in BA than a great many cities, except for cigarettes and public transit.

Another pleasant advantage is seeing a lot of slender women wearing spandex when I go grocery shopping in Argentina

In my experience the ones who wear spandex to do their grocery shopping are usually mutton dressed as lamb.

In my experience the ones who wear spandex to do their grocery shopping are usually mutton dressed as lamb.

May I suggest you look in the aisle where they display the eye candy?

And be sure you are in Argentina and not the UK. Mutton is not as easily found here as it is there...by a wide margin.
emo32.gif

A small city or town in the USA where potatoes and eggs are cheaper than where I live in Argentina (obviously not LA or NYC), but would I be able to own 2.5 acres of land with 2500 sq. ft. of construction (one house and one outbuilding) and pay less than one hundred dollars a year in property taxes, pay less than twenty dollars a month for electricity, less than thirty dollars a month for fast and unlimited internet service, less than forty dollars a month for car insurance, and never have to deal with any corruption?
I've heard of places in the USA where some of this is available, but $100/yr in property taxes and $20/month in electricity? That's almost unreal. Clue me in, where is this place?

I've heard of places in the USA where some of this is available, but $100/yr in property taxes and $20/month in electricity? That's almost unreal. Clue me in, where is this place?

La Provincia de Buenos Aires, La Republica de Argentina
emo32.gif

You can replace Tokyo with thousands of other cities that are cheaper than Buenos Aires. Many of which even use English as their first language, have annual inflation around 1-2% and are corruption free. Makes you wonder why the heck we're wasting our time here. :D

Please NAME some!

Back