tomatoes

jrockstar80

Registered
are the tomatoes especially good here or is that my imagination?

i'm having a rough time with the food here and am keeping track of the things i actually like here lol...

They are pretty good, it all depends where you come from. I am originally from Italy and I think tomatoes taste better there, but I also lived a long time in Ireland and tomatoes really suck on the island...

No, I think it's just the season... right now the tomatoes are the bomb. especially tomates cherry.

interesting thoughts... i am used to eating the ones from the USA that are just total mush and the ones here are vastly superior.

You like the tomatoes because you probably purchased the organic ones. There is a lot of organic produce available with no surcharge in small produce stands besides tomatoes. How do you know the produce is organic if it is not labeled so? The items in the lot are not the same size, that's the most obvious sign.
I buy the produce ripe or almost ripe and enjoy it for a few days after the purchase. But keep in mind that if produce is natural, it spoils naturally much faster than produce purchased in US, so do not buy a lot!!

Back