Too Good To Be True !

khairyexpat

Registered
By now it must be obvious that Immigration Argentina is one of the easiest on planet earth !

It should not be surprising to find many many ¨too good to be true in a good way¨ in the law, ... for example the famous Rentista $8000 peso !

Isn´t true that this is a legislative law ?

Needs a new law to abolish it ?

When the $8000 pesos law came into effect, .. it made the news everywhere. ... Everybody knew about it. ... It was not done in a hush hush quiet. It made waves and loud noises.

Is it safe to assume that if there is no news about a new law, ... means there is no new law ?

Means the $8000 peso law is still in effect.

No ?

Putting aside that 2 immigration OFFICERS (not desk clerks) confirmed it to me in Retiro. I had a previous post about it.

I first reported about the increase in the income requirement for the visa rentista here (and it had apparently already been in effect for at least two weeks):

http://baexpats.org/...-visa-rentista/

It really doesn't matter if a new "law" is required to increase the amount again or if it can be done by decree, that is if a new law can be proposed and passed rather quickly. I don't think the income requirement can be raised arbitrarily by the folks at migraciones without one or the other (a new law or a decree), but I could be wrong about that.

What is interesting is that the present requirement of $8000 pesos per month (at the official rate) is now close to the former dollar requirement of $700 USD per month.

Of course there are individuals who could qualify at the present level that won't be able to do so if the amount is doubled (or almost tripled as it was in 2010).

It's hard to believe the requirement still is at the 2010 level. Today, in many cases, eight thousand pesos only "buys" about 30% of what it did in 2010.

When the income threshold for the resident visas goes up, pseudo tourists should expect the overstay fee to increase at the same time, and perhaps by a greater percentage. In 2010 the overstay fee increased from $50 pesos to $300. If that rate of increase is repeated, the new overstay fee would be $1800.

The only thing that would have a greater (negative) impact on psuedo tourists overstaying than that would be for migraciones to start denying reenty en mass.

I first reported about the increase in the income requirement for the visa rentista here (and it had apparently already been in effect for at least two weeks):

http://baexpats.org/...-visa-rentista/

It really doesn't matter if a new "law" is required to increase the amount again or if it can be done by decree, that is if a new law can be proposed and passed rather quickly. I don't think the income requirement can be raised arbitrarily by the folks at migraciones without one or the other (a new law or a decree), but I could be wrong about that.

What is interesting is that the present requirement of $8000 pesos per month is now close to the former dollar requirement of $700 USD per month.

Of course there are individuals who could qualify at the present level that won't be able to do so if the amount is doubled (or almost tripled as it was in 2010).

It's hard to believe the requirement still is at the 2010 level. Today, in many cases, eight thousand pesos only "buys" about 30% of what it did in 2010.

When the income threshold for the resident visas goes up, pseudo tourists should expect the overstay fee to increase at the same time, and perhaps by a greater percentage. In 2010 the overstay fee increased from $50 pesos to $300. If that rate of increase is repeated, the new overstay fee would be $1800.

The only thing that would have a greater (negative) impact on psuedo tourists overstaying than that would be for migraciones to start denying reenty en mass.

I agree with everything you said !

Did you see the Pensioner Minimum Income mystery finally solved ?
Did you see $2500 pesos ? ($300 US)
Do you believe your eyes when you read it ?

Argentina !! Total chaos !!!
Strange ... but true !

I agree with everything you said !

Did you see the Pensioner Minimum Income mystery finally solved ?
Did you see $2500 pesos ? ($300 US)
Do you believe your eyes when you read it ?

Argentina !! Total chaos !!!
Strange ... but true !

I just posted this in the other thread:

The question of The Pensioner Minimum Income has been outstanding without any answers for the longest time !

Surprisingly, in his post @zabazaba referenced, the website of the AR consulate in NY, ... clearly stipulating $2500 pesos Argentinos.
  • (5) Evidence of income: letter from the Social Security Administration, a pension’s fund or a bank indicating your monthly income. A minimum of $ 2,500 pesos argentinos (or its equivalent in U.S. dollars) per visa applicant (principal and dependants) per month is required. Ask the Consulate for applicable exchange rate. Letters must be written on official letterhead paper, duly signed by the person in charge and notarized.
Here is his post: http://baexpats.org/...on/#entry285426

Never believe what you read on a consular website. This information is obsolete. The $2500 peso per month requirement is the OLD rate, prior to the $8000 set in 2010. The $2500 peso per month requirement was in effect when I applied in 2006 and the dollar equivalent at the time was $750 per month.

This is just one example.

Here's another: Someone recently posted that the London consular site still indicates that it is possible to come to Argentina and, as the 30 day visa expires, get a 90 day extension at migraciones and THEN leave the country and return (immediately) and get a new 90 day visa which can THEN be extended at migraciones just before it expires.

That is no longer possible.

Migraciones in Argentina (and the information on their website) always trumps anything on a consular website.

now they accept "monthly income" from a regular job?

I thought they only accepted pensions or so called "passive incomes"

Back