Tourism in Argentina

Lets wait and see how the tourism season pans out for 2024 and then we can compare them to 2023 . July and August are the peak months for tourism in Bariloche. Currently in May 2024 Bariloche has seen a huge reduction in national and international tourists from last year . Of course the national tourism is the bulk of this market with the previaje scheme now effectively over .
One reason: lift tickets. A one day pass at Cerro Catedral costs more than a day in Disneyworld: https://www.onthesnow.com/argentina/cerro-catedral-alta-patagonia/lift-tickets

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240601_132105_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240601_132105_Chrome.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 2
You may be right about tourism being down in Bariloche recently, but In January 2023 we spent two nights at Llao Llao Resort in Barlioche and paid around $232 a night (blue dollar rate). I just checked the current price for two nights and it's around $205 per night (blue dollar rate), 10% lower than early last year.. Maybe prices are lower in June than in January because of seasonal demand differences, but to me that indicates that prices are around the same as before.
Hotel prices in Bariloche for July are going to be much more expensive...
A quick look on my hotel app:
- Pan-Americano (Sheraton/ Marriott property) - Rates starting at $296 a night in July vs $182 a night in June
- Arelauquen Lodge - Rates starting between $415-$620 a night in July vs $107 a night in June
- Llao Llao - $450ish
- Charming - $567ish
- NH Edelweis - $373ish
- La Cascada - $357ish

At these prices, higher-end hotels at least still seem to be confident despite the ski pass price hike...

In other Bariloche hotel news, Hilton is developing a new property in the center slated to open 2027 and the old Pan-Americano taken over by Marriott will reopen this June (currently it is closed for long overdue renovations).

Back