Tourism open yet?

The consulate just stopped answering people. You have to email them but they don’t respond.
One more question. Has anyone entered with the negative PCR. Everywhere it states 72 hours before first embarktation. When I’m getting on my first flight it will be around 63 hours but on my last flight it will be about 80 hours. Will I have any issues boarding my last flight? I have called the airline. They say they agree with my interpretation however no way to talk to actual gate agents that process these every night.
I have a friend flying on Sunday from the US as a family member will let you know what he says.
The rule is that you must have 72 hours before you first international leg. So if you leave Canada and you fly via the US you are fine. However, if you were flying thru a domestic location you would not.

I have a friend flying on Sunday from the US as a family member will let you know what he says.
The rule is that you must have 72 hours before you first international leg. So if you leave Canada and you fly via the US you are fine. However, if you were flying thru a domestic location you would not.
That would be super helpful if you could let me know how their experience goes. I will be at 68.5 hours when departing Canada to the USA (if my flights don’t get changed again)

I'd try to play dumb in states and not to mention PCR at all, unless they ask for it. There is no negotiation with stupidity, so all you can do is to keep your fingers crossed. I flew business with United Van to Houston and then Houston to Ezeiza. Had two carry on under the weight limit and a tiny purse. No issues of course in Van, but boarding at Houston was told by a middle age obese female that I am only allowed two pieces. Showed her the ticket fine print, showed her the boarding pass from Van with the same airline, told her I had those with me on the first leg and and it was as per the ticket rules. NO dice, she kept telling me to go check it in and go through security etc, with a flight taking off in 20 min. I took a plush monkey out of one of the bags and stuffed the purse in instead and asked her if a pet is ok and she waved me in...Would have been a hilarious story if it wasn't so fucking stressful to deal with her and risk missing the flight...You also flying on Xmas, may be they will be less obnoxious in a holiday spirit. Best of luck...
Oh gosh.

Anyone know how it will work if I’m on two different bookings and basically will have to check in again for the 2nd leg?
Will I have to be within 72hrs of the 2nd booking?

Drove from the interior to BA yesterday. Was stopped at a province border and asked for my circulation permits. Didnt have them. Police officer starts to get concerned and asks me to pull over to the side. I don't speak Spanish to him. Eventually tell him I'm from the US and got an instant wave through the stop. No other issues the entire 11 hour trip.

[/QUOTE]
Where did you find the information that it has to be before first international leg? I’m good for time but I can’t find that. I’m checking IATA.
Thanks in advance

Update: All flights from UK now suspended due to virus mutation. Don’t be surprised EU countries may also be suspended soon since it has also emerged in Italy etc.

Update: All flights from UK now suspended due to virus mutation. Don’t be surprised EU countries may also be suspended soon since it has also emerged in Italy etc.
since you are in the aviation business, figured i might ask. Is there any talk of a potential replacement of a requirement for a negative PCR with a vaccination passport some time down the road? Once the tourism resumes to a reasonable extent it'll be a nightmare to deal with PCRs...both cost wise and logistics, not to mention stress wise...though some businesses would be happy to milk this cow

since you are in the aviation business, figured i might ask. Is there any talk of a potential replacement of a requirement for a negative PCR with a vaccination passport some time down the road? Once the tourism resumes to a reasonable extent it'll be a nightmare to deal with PCRs...both cost wise and logistics, not to mention stress wise...though some businesses would be happy to milk this cow
The only confirmed change in Argentina to be aware of is that it will become mandatory in January to have a PCR test within 72 hours prior to boarding any flight to Argentina - residents included. At the moment it is optional for residents.

As for vaccination passports, yes IATA and other groups are lobbying governments to try and get an aligned international policy but still easier said than done. Imagine it will become a norm similar to yellow fever requirements in some countries - but the issue it poses to harmonization is the time it will take to vaccinate billions of people. Also what if country A recognized vaccine X and country B does not. Not things that get agreed or happen overnight. Before that each country will just set it’s own policies - making it a minefield to navigate.

Further, some private airlines such as QANTAS may also refuse to carry you if you don’t have proof of vaccine when they resume international flying at the end of 2021.

Imagine it will be a messy two years ahead in terms of international travel until COVID is no longer a major concern anywhere in the world.

Back