Tourism open yet?

dsp27 - I assume that the PCR is only for Argentinians and a limited number of citizens from other South American countries (Uruguay, Brazil etc.), correct?

It does not make any sense to me as to why Europeans/North Americans etc. are discriminated against in this regard. Surely, if we have a negative PCR, we should be free to travel to Argentina like anyone else from permitted countries. Then again, this is Argentina so common sense hardly ever prevails...

Thanks.

It's out y'all. Enters into force from the 3rd day of publication (today), so as of Friday, 4 December.
It seems that the rules have been tweaked (if it's not just an oversight) to now require the PCR sample up to 72hs before the TRAVEL, and not before entry as it's currently.
Interesting point.

so If I am already abroad, what are my options if returning in Sunday? does it mean if my international flight is on Saturday evening, I can do PCR test by wednesday evening// and before it meant that if I arrived on Sunday evening, I must have done PCR test by Thursday evening. Does this mean, they have given a leeway of 24 hours to all?

dsp27 - I assume that the PCR is only for Argentinians and a limited number of citizens from other South American countries (Uruguay, Brazil etc.), correct?
Correct, yes. And residents.

It does not make any sense to me as to why Europeans/North Americans etc. are discriminated against in this regard. Surely, if we have a negative PCR, we should be free to travel to Argentina like anyone else from permitted countries. Then again, this is Argentina so common sense hardly ever prevails...
Thanks.
I see your point. BUT this is the case in most other countries. They limit access by nationality. I am a EU citizen and this summer was able to fly from BA to Madrid without a problem (no PCR needed even), at the same time an Argentine citizens who would have wanted to be on the same flight from Ba to MAD would not have been allowed to fly/enter Spain. The idea is that most of the tourists in Argentina are from neighboring countries anyways -- countries with currently lower rates of Covid, so limiting the entry to people from the northern hemisphere (were the situation is worse now) is not that big of a deal. Those that still NEED to travel to ARG can do this but they need to apply for a visa at an embassy.

Last edited:
so If I am already abroad, what are my options if returning in Sunday? does it mean if my international flight is on Saturday evening, I can do PCR test by wednesday evening// and before it meant that if I arrived on Sunday evening, I must have done PCR test by Thursday evening. Does this mean, they have given a leeway of 24 hours to all?

If I were you, to be on the save side, I would count 72hs back, from the scheduled arrival time at Ezeiza to get the test done. So if you are scheduled to arrive at 10am on Sunday, get the test done after 10am Thursday. Now it becomes little complicated because you technically need to account for the time zone difference, not sure anyone would bother looking at that.
If logistically, you cannot get the test done that close to your trip and need more time, then by all means do it 72hs before departure. It will likely be just fine. Don't sweat it. This is what the new rules say, but it's always a good idea to have some "buffer time", especially previously they were asking for 72hs before ARRIVAL.

I suspect they have changed to 72hs before departure for logistical purposes. A lot of people are flying from the US and Europe. The previous rules were applying only for flights from Brasil, Chile etc, that are 2-3hs long.

we just hope this new rule of avoiding 14 day quarantine with PCR is not eliminated in future due to abuse...this is really the most logical way to do it.

there are many countries such as Australia, China where one has to do PCR as well as 14 day quarantine to enter

we just hope this new rule of avoiding 14 day quarantine with PCR is not eliminated in future due to abuse...this is really the most logical way to do it.

there are many countries such as Australia, China where one has to do PCR as well as 14 day quarantine to enter

Correction, you need to be a citizen of Australian or permanent resident to enter. There is also a cap on incoming flights. Australians are waiting months for a flight. They also need to pay 3,000 dollars for a quarantine facility/hotel. They are PCR-ed 2 times. At arrival and before being let leave quarantine on day 14. But Australia and NZ are wealthy island nations. They have a completely different strategy -> VIRUS ELIMINATION, and not just suppression.

If you want to submit a fake PCR certificate that's easy. Doubt anyone would check. That's why some EU countries were requesting both the certificate and the RECEPT for the test.

If you want to submit a fake PCR certificate that's easy. Doubt anyone would check. That's why some EU countries were requesting both the certificate and the RECEPT for the test.
The one at Sao PAolo airport is a good one. It can be verified online. thats the way to go.

Can I enter the country on a negative PCR and go straight to the Costa - provincia de Buenos Aires?

Back