Tourism open yet?

No kidding. I wish I had details. What were they missing?! Something minor? 16 people sounds like a lot.
i'd assume some might have not had the papers confirming direct family relatives in arg? other than that you only need a PCR and a declaration, right?

I think the gate agents just messed up and did not screen the passengers from connecting flights. That's all. The flight was delayed 2 hours as they had to off load their bags.

Was this anyone's experience as well, that they were lax in migraciones?

Attachments

• IMG-20201222-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20201222-WA0001.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 27
At what point are passengers being asked for the PCR? The last flight to BA?

Travelers are being told to arrive at Ezeiza three hours prior to departure for domestic flights.

Has anyone flown domestic recently? Why on earth would it take 3 hours to check in and board a plane?

The obvious answer is, "Because this is Argentina." But besides that.

Do we really need to arrive 3 hours prior to a domestic flight?

Travelers are being told to arrive at Ezeiza three hours prior to departure for domestic flights.

Has anyone flown domestic recently? Why on earth would it take 3 hours to check in and board a plane?

The obvious answer is, "Because this is Argentina." But besides that.

Do we really need to arrive 3 hours prior to a domestic flight?
No you don't need to go 3 hs before. 1.5hs is enough. They are also telling people with an intl flight to show up 5hs before. Last time in November I went 2.5hs before and was fine.

No you don't need to go 3 hs before. 1.5hs is enough. They are also telling people with an intl flight to show up 5hs before. Last time in November I went 2.5hs before and was fine.
The airport is empty. just reach 3 h before int. flight. and 1.5 hours before local flight.

I always aim to arrive early: I'm a belt, braces, piece-of-string-in-my-pocket kindova guy. Anything can happen.

When I left in November, the remis didn't turn up. Seems the night duty guy who took the booking forgot to pass the information on to the day duty guy. The company sent a replacement car as quickly as it could and since the family have had an account with them for centuries they apologised by giving us that ride for free. We were now running late by nearly an hour.

So we are running late. The last thing we want is an accident on the airport-bound side of the autopista - but - look! -there it is and it's blocking all the lanes and we are way way far at the back. Those cars that are able are slithering along the grass embankment and through the meadows and some think there is a faster track parallel to the carriageway but it ends in a strong fence with a locked gate so those drivers have to turn back again. About an hour and a half later we are moving at normal speed and arriving at Ezeiza.

We arrive at the airport and speed through the formalities in no time. But the place is deserted: where is everybody? Answer: in migraciones. I think they only have two clerks on duty and the hall is full.

For the first time ever I arrive at my departure gate and walk straight on board my flight. I hope I never have to do it like that again.

Flew out recently.

Note Aerolineas now use terminal A for international flights. C is only domestic.

Can imagine international flights during the evening peak will require a few hours. Firstly you must line up outside the terminal in a line according to your airline. Small groups are then let into the terminal to checkin (to avoid indoor queuing.) this process could take up to 30 minutes depending on how busy your airline / flight is.

Then security and immigration are still in the old sector (only 2-3 security checkpoints and a handful of migraciones posts) meaning like it was before, if flights are full you can expect to spend an hour or more getting processed as it took someone I know who flew after me later that day.

Back