Tourist buses attacked (telegraph article)

I've seen those buses around, but I never realised they went through la boca. Taking a giant bright shiney open top bus through there it would be more of a story if they didnt get attacked lol

During my first stay in Argentina, the language course provided a tour through the city. We also took a look in Caminito, and then our busdriver took a wrong turn in La Boca and the bus got stoned by Boquenses.

If I were a local I'd thank every single tourist that would visit my neighbourhood instead of stoning them. But then again, the average argentine probably sees foreigners and multinacionals as thieves of their riquezas, conspring against the great destiny of Argentina as a just society...

For 70 pesos, you would think they would include a helmet.

I will stick with the collectivo, which, besides being so much cheaper, has a roof, too.

Is the mock attack included in the fare or I do have to pay extra?

ReemsterCARP said:
During my first stay in Argentina, the language course provided a tour through the city. We also took a look in Caminito, and then our busdriver took a wrong turn in La Boca and the bus got stoned by Boquenses.

If I were a local I'd thank every single tourist that would visit my neighbourhood instead of stoning them. But then again, the average argentine probably sees foreigners and multinacionals as thieves of their riquezas, conspring against the great destiny of Argentina as a just society...

Very little tourism money stays in La Boca. I used to do some volunteer work there and virtually all of the souvenir shops and restaurants are owned by outsiders. The barrio obviously has a rich history and has a lot of cool sites (outside of the caminito), but due the crime and the overall tackiness of the 3 blocks that are carved out for tourists, I tell visiting friends to skip it all together. Also, being nestled up to a putrid river doesn't help either. I actually think a quick bus tour is the optimal way for most tourists to see La Boca.

Thejohnatvu said:
Very little tourism money stays in La Boca. I used to do some volunteer work there and virtually all of the souvenir shops and restaurants are owned by outsiders. The barrio obviously has a rich history and has a lot of cool sites (outside of the caminito), but due the crime and the overall tackiness of the 3 blocks that are carved out for tourists, I tell visiting friends to skip it all together. Also, being nestled up to a putrid river doesn't help either. I actually think a quick bus tour is the optimal way for most tourists to see La Boca.

Boca actually has some amazing old french style buildings that would cost an absolute fortune in any other region of the city.
i wouldn't go wandering looking at them though.

Back