Tourist Maps

LAtoBA

Registered
Does anyone know of a store where one can buy a tourist map of Buenos Aires? Are they typically in the book stores? Also what about postcards?

Thanks.

LAtoBA said:
Does anyone know of a store where one can buy a tourist map of Buenos Aires? Are they typically in the book stores? Also what about postcards?

Thanks.

What exactly are you looking for?

When I hear- "Tourist Maps"

I think of the following locations:
-INFO Booth at Diagonal Norte & Calle Florida
-INFO Booth at Calle Florida 1000 (where it hits Marcelo T./Santa Fe @ Plaza San Martin)
-INFO Booth in front of La Biela (where Calle Quintana hits Plaza Francia/Recoleta Cemetery area)
-INFO Booth where Corrientes runs into Puerto Madero

The City is now producing these maps with a YELLOW cover. (YELLOW is the color of the City/color of Macri.)

Many hotels also have their own maps with different companies advertising in them.

MORE on TOURIST MAPS:

-are not even close to being maps of the entire city.
-"N" (North) is the guy looking over your right shoulder, NOT the top of the map.
-The go from the Riachuelo/El Caminito on your left to the middle of Cancha de River Plate on your right.
-The have the Rio Plata, the Cruise Ship Port and Aeroparque Newberry on the bottom, and...
-Parque Centenario in the middle on the top. They include basically all of Subte B (Red Line), but not even close to all of Subte A or E, or the far end of Subte H.
-These Maps are FREE at INFO Booths

CITY MAPS:

-These are for locals, not tourists.
-These have Puerto Madero at the bottom and ~Villa Devoto at the top.
-"N" (North) still isn't important.

COLLECTIBLE FUN MAPS OF BUENOS AIRES:

-These maps often have drawings for famous buildings and/or people to help you quickly identify locations.
-These maps are OFTEN SOLD ON CALLE FLORIDA from the Newsstands.
-These maps are ALSO OFTEN FOUND ON CORRIENTES between Av. 9 de Julio & Calle Florida.

Good luck

Napoleon said:
MORE on TOURIST MAPS:

-are not even close to being maps of the entire city.
-"N" (North) is the guy looking over your right shoulder, NOT the top of the map.
-The go from the Riachuelo/El Caminito on your left to the middle of Cancha de River Plate on your right.
-The have the Rio Plata, the Cruise Ship Port and Aeroparque Newberry on the bottom, and...
-Parque Centenario in the middle on the top. They include basically all of Subte B (Red Line), but not even close to all of Subte A or E, or the far end of Subte H.
-These Maps are FREE at INFO Booths

Yes exactly. I'm looking for these. They wouldn't need to be maps of the whole city as tourists don't tend to stray too far from microcentro, palermo, recoleta, san telmo, belgrano etc. I would just need maps to help them navigate these areas. And I'm looking to buy them in bulk so I'm not sure the tourist booths would work, although I guess I can give them a call.

Napoleon said:
COLLECTIBLE FUN MAPS OF BUENOS AIRES:

-These maps often have drawings for famous buildings and/or people to help you quickly identify locations.
-These maps are OFTEN SOLD ON CALLE FLORIDA from the Newsstands.
-These maps are ALSO OFTEN FOUND ON CORRIENTES between Av. 9 de Julio & Calle Florida.

Good luck

Do you know how much these are sold for at the newsstands? I'm trying to get an idea of price in my head.

Thanks.

On my visits here, the most useful map has turned out to be the single page tourist map that is given out for free from the info booth in Galleria Pacifica. It's almost the same as the map that comes for free with the booklet called Tango Map Guide [email protected] The advantages of this map are that it's one page so fits into a pocket, and it covers a very slightly larger area than the regular tourist maps - it goes to China Town and to the end of subte D in Belgrano.

If you dont mind to share it with us, why do you want to buy maps in bulk?

Back