Tourist visa extension denied

The problem is not understanding the legal system. If you overstay you become an inhabitant that is a paperless citizen. Then your replies are very important. You have to say, instead of tourism, that you live here, that you are coming back.
Wouldn't this have an impact on my status as a non-tax resident here?
I'd obviously like to avoid double-taxation.
This document on Argentinian tax residency provided by the OECD states that you are considered a tax resident if you have your center of vital interest here and/or spend more time in Argentina than in your country of residence in a given calendar year.
Or am I misreading this?

https://www.oecd.org/tax/automatic-...nce/tax-residency/Argentina_Tax_Residency.pdf

For the purposes of the Income Tax, we consider that an individual is resident in Argentina when:
- is of Argentine nationality (or naturalized), or
- is a foreigner who has obtained its permanent residence status in Argentina or has legally been living in the country for twelve or more (Income Tax Law, section 119).

Argentine citizens will lose the resident status when they become permanent residents in a foreign state, or when they stay uninterruptedly in a foreign country for at least twelve (12) months. An individual is considered a resident, even if he/she has obtained the permanent residence in a foreign country, or has lost its residence status in the Argentine Republic because the person is regarded as resident of another country for tax purposes, when they actually live in the national territory or reenter the country in order to remain in it. To that end, the law stipulates that such status is verified when the following conditions take place in the sequential or preference order described below:

- if the individual has its permanent dwelling in the Argentine Republic (a suitable facility currently used for living or available for the main end of housing);
- if its centre of vital interest is located within the national territory (in which he/she has its closest personal and economic relationships, mainly the personal ones);
- if the individual permanently resides in the Argentine Republic, a condition that will be considered fulfilled if the person remains there more time than the one spent in the foreign State which granted the permanent residence, or which considers them as residents for tax purposes during the calendar year);

- if they are of Argentine nationality.

So you would be considered a tax resident if you spend 183 days or more per calendar year in Argentina even
if you are not employed by an Argentinian company, do not generate any income from an Argentinian source and do not have a permanent residence here?

And does this also imply that Argentina considers you a tax resident if you spend 5 months in Argentina in a given calendar year and 4 months in the country where you have your permanent residence (and where you pay taxes) for example?

It is a bad idea to renew your visa at DNM because you create a file. With a file you can get a deportation order. If they just told you that you cannot renew it, then you are Ok.
The "receptionist" definitely entered my data into the system but the person responsible for processing visa extensions then told me that it was not possible and that I should just overstay.

Would you still recommend overstaying in my case rather than doing a long(ish) border run of like a week?

The "receptionist" definitely entered my data into the system but the person responsible for processing visa extensions then told me that it was not possible and that I should just overstay.

Would you still recommend overstaying in my case rather than doing a long(ish) border run of like a week?
BC_2 always recommends the ovestay...never a border run...which, technically, you have already done.

I suggest you ask for a vista of your file. Something you do without an appointment going there at 8 AM with a pendrive, by pass the line, say the doorman your come for vista and that’s it.

I suggest you ask for a vista of your file. Something you do without an appointment going there at 8 AM with a pendrive, by pass the line, say the doorman your come for vista and that’s it.
And if my file says "tourist visa extension denied"? Run for the border? My tourist visa is only valid until Tuesday.

Back